2 replies to this topic

#1 mrfritz44

mrfritz44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

My wife stepped foot in a popup truck camper and basically said no way so my hunt for one of those has ended. She does however seem interested in trailer campers and I particularly like the offroad models popular in Australia. I like the idea of a cross country trip with options to head offroad on BLM land, particularly in Utah and Colorado.

I see several luxury offroad trailer models but none are easy to get in the US. I also think I've been sufficiently scared away from the Black Series given the owner complaints of the versions available here. I have taken an interest in Tracklines given their aluminum construction and beefy frame and chassis, but I can't see any available in the US either. Does anyone know where I could find a Trackline or another aluminium walled offroad trailer option?

Fred

#2 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

Is this them?

legendcaravans.com/au

Nice looking but I wish their website had a pic or two of the things being constructed. Probably too nice inside for me but I'm kind of a caveman.

Not that it's important but why do 'off road' trailers need mud tires? I can sort of see if maybe they will fit the tow vehicle as a spare but otherwise it just seems silly. I'd rather have something that looks like an aircraft tire.

#3 Ace!

Ace!

• Gone Traveling
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSo. Oregon

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

It looks ok, but I think a lot of it comes down to tow rig.  I had a Fleetwood Evolution and it would go anywhere with ease that the tow rig would pull it.  That Aussie rig looks to be built Ford tough, but I don't know that you would really ever need that, unless you're pulling it with a Raptor.  You can pull just about anything anywhere, depending on the tow rig.

I agree with the tire comment above.  Sometimes you want an off road tire on a trailer, but very seldom would it be useful.  Typically you want the easiest rolling tire, unless of course, as stated above, it fits the tow rig.

Edited by Ace!, 21 March 2019 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users