27 replies to this topic

#1 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:15 AM

Ive decided my next project will be a K5 instead of a newer FWC for my Tacoma. Im looking for a K5 with an FWC camper, or just the K5 specific camper. I know these are super hard to find. Im in Phoenix but will travel anywhere in the country. Condition of the vehicle/camper almost doesn't matter. I plan to do a full resto if necessary.

Not really interested in the Bronco or Scout versions but will entertain them if you know of one for sale.

#2 ShaneInDenver

ShaneInDenver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:40 PM

Not mine, no affiliation. Just passing the posting along, I've seen this for sale for at least a few months.

https://denver.craig...6850543102.html

#3 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:12 AM

Not mine, no affiliation. Just passing the posting along, I've seen this for sale for at least a few months.

https://denver.craig...6850543102.html

Thanks, Im aware of this truck/camper. Unfortunately no matter how many times he calls it some random name of a camper company that doesn't exist, it is not a Four Wheel Camper. 

#4 ShaneInDenver

ShaneInDenver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Bummer! Good luck with your search

#5 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Since I posted that thing here he's changed the ad quite a bit.  I love the way he breaks the pricing down based on the value of some of the individual parts. Not saying that $7500 isn't a screaming deal or anything but if I were him I'd be advertising in every town where the college mascot is a Tiger. 

For the OP I see the K5 version you are looking for pretty often by doing nationwide CL searches so if you really want one you shouldn't have to look for too long.

Edited by roverjohn, 27 March 2019 - 06:32 PM.

#6 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

Since I posted that thing here he's changed the ad quite a bit.  I love the way he breaks the pricing down based on the value of some of the individual parts. Not saying that $7500 isn't a screaming deal or anything but if I were him I'd be advertising in every town where the college mascot is a Tiger. 

For the OP I see the K5 version you are looking for pretty often by doing nationwide CL searches so if you really want one you shouldn't have to look for too long.

His breakdown is hilarious. I always get a kick out of people that think aftermarket parts increase the value of their vehicle.

I have also seen a few for sale over the last few months, timing was just off. The right one will come around soon enough, thanks for keeping an eye out!

#7 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

If I see one I'll post here but if you're doing the nationwide search thing you'll probably see it first. Those things are pretty intriguing.

Just don't pay too much for the rare 16x10 wheels. 

#8 Mikethego2guy

Mikethego2guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Hi Alt-alt,

I have an 88 Blazer with a Four Wheel Camper for sale.  I built it from the ground up back in 2010.  It hasn't weathered well but it is all there.  I don't have any pictures to post from this computer. I will post some when I get home later.  I'm in the San Francisco bay area. You?

Mikethego2guy

#9 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

If I see one I'll post here but if you're doing the nationwide search thing you'll probably see it first. Those things are pretty intriguing.

Just don't pay too much for the rare 16x10 wheels. 

Thanks, I feel like a good amount of them are just sitting in peoples yards and sometimes it takes someone driving by and noticing it to get the ball rolling! I ran 37x12.50s on the stock 17x7 steelies on my dodge, I dont think Ill be going to a 10" wide rim any time soon ha.

#10 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

Hi Alt-alt,

I have an 88 Blazer with a Four Wheel Camper for sale.  I built it from the ground up back in 2010.  It hasn't weathered well but it is all there.  I don't have any pictures to post from this computer. I will post some when I get home later.  I'm in the San Francisco bay area. You?

Mikethego2guy

Awesome, thanks! My name is Mike also, Im in Phoenix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users