Long time lurker. Excited to be joining the community.
Truck: '09 Ford F150 XLT
Camper: '18 FWC Hawk Shell with propane heater and fantastic fan and single stock FWC house battery (Arrives 5/2/19ish)
Here's my question:
I'm prepping the truck for the arrival of the camper (going through 10/40 Overland out of Beaverton, OR for the order). The battery in the truck is on its way out so I need a new one. The question is what type of battery should I get (starting or multi-purpose)? I've been searching the Ultimate Battery Thread and other threads on WTW, but haven't found much info specially on recommendations for truck batteries. Maybe I should just replace the OEM battery with something similar, but thought I'd ask the question here just in case the community has other thoughts.
- I plan to mount solar panels on the roof within a year or so
- I'm considering adding a winch and lightest possible bumper to mount it
- I plan to mount some additional lighting sources (light bars, etc) for driving while off-road
- Depending on power needs, I would consider adding a second house battery if needed
- I plan on adding a Noco Genius Charger + Plug to help maintain the house battery while not adventuring
Thanks for any advice/thoughts/recommendations. I'm a newbie so still trying to figure out how this all fits together.