• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Ok, it looks like I need air bags as I appear to be tilting to the left. As you know I have a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 with a fully loaded Bobcat. Please advise which air bags you guys think are best appropriate?

Thank you for helping me.

Darryl

#2 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Ok, it looks like I need air bags as I appear to be tilting to the left. As you know I have a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 with a fully loaded Bobcat. Please advise which air bags you guys think are best appropriate?

Thank you for helping me.

Darryl

PACBRAKE, I THINK NOW AVAILABLE FOR TACOMAS
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#3 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

I've been very pleased with the Air Lift airbag system.

Firestone has a similar airbag product.

The price and quality between the two brands are a wash. I've recommended both brands to many camper owners and all seem happy with the brand they chose.

I use the Air Lift kit and it has been thoroughly tested on some long, rough trails. No problems or issues to report so far.

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#4 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 795 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:24 AM

just installed some of these on my Ford, easy to install and work great

#5 Phird05

Phird05

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCrested Butte, CO

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

Firestine Ride Rite's. I also just put them on my 2008 F-150. Piece of cake to install, suspensionconnection.com $289.00 with a 20% discount on line coupon. Total cost with shipping...roughly $279.

#6 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

Thanks you guys. I will try to figure out which is better. Air Lift or Firestone for the Tacoma. I do not see that Pac Brake makes them for the Tacoma. The Firestone is about $60.00 more than the Air Lift. I don't care about the cost, just want the better one.

Darryl

#7 Rockjok

Rockjok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

I've got the Firestone air bags and the only leaks I've had were fixed by tightening up the valve cores. The main reason I went with Firestone was that parts seem to be more readily available than other brands.

Rob

#8 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

I've got the Firestone air bags and the only leaks I've had were fixed by tightening up the valve cores. The main reason I went with Firestone was that parts seem to be more readily available than other brands.

Rob

Follow the herd: every time this airbag question comes up, and it comes up a lot for some reason, I suggest Pacbrake bags. Why do I continually suggest these bags, mainly because they are of a better design. The bags have more windings, the hardware is of better quality, and is powder coated. They offer a better compressor, and more options for pressure tanks if you want on board air. I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to bring them up again I think people by the Firestone bags because they are cheap, and cheap is not always better, case closed.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#9 Yukon

Yukon

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationEdmonds WA

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

I bought the Firestone ones last year. Had a flat tire last Summer and after that, one of the bags has had a very very slow leak (about 1 lb lost per day). Very frustrating cause I cannot find the leak. Pumped them up to about 80 lbs and sprayed bubble solution on entire fixture and could not find the leak. Chris
Yukon (aka Chris) Photo: Treking frozen tundra above Arctic Circle 2008 Eagle and 2008 Nissan Frontier (Northwest WA)

#10 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

Follow the herd: every time this airbag question comes up, and it comes up a lot for some reason, I suggest Pacbrake bags. Why do I continually suggest these bags, mainly because they are of a better design. The bags have more windings, the hardware is of better quality, and is powder coated. They offer a better compressor, and more options for pressure tanks if you want on board air. I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to bring them up again I think people by the Firestone bags because they are cheap, and cheap is not always better, case closed.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong but you seem to be taking it personal that people haven't picked up on pac brakes which is silly. :confused: I took a quick look at them but the firestones are more readily available and seem to perform acceptably for what we're doing so I went with them. That said no reason not to pitch in for pacbrake bags when the question comes up just because everyone from now on hasn't went with them.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users