• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

[quote name='lqhikers']I would like ANY one who has proof that Firestone ride-right air bags do not hold up post your pictures of bags,rig and explain how they failed!
Remember that Firestone also make lite duty air bags that are for road use and people do put those on trucks because they are uninformed, cheap, or dumb,(maybe all three).
I have never run across any one on the road,trail,Baja,broken down because their ride-rite system failed.
Even when my frame broke in Baja the bags were out of alignment,twisted,etc, and did not fail.
From what i read pac-brake,(or whatever they are called) do not go after the lite truck market,maybe you people that drive over weight,over size poser rigs need the help!(my thoughts)
If the wind was not blowing so hard i would be out in the desert instead of writing this drible !
Picture enclosed of what ride rite air bags look like so you all will know.[/QUOTEi If you classify a 3/4 ton truck a light truck, then thats theri market. More than anybody, I hope this dies a quick death, thaks for the picture, but I've actually seen one.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#22 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

Why am I not surprise?

Have you looked at a sled yet? Land Yacht? Unlimited Hydroplane?

Please say you didn't put a snorkel on it!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• ToyotaHiluxArmor.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#23 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Why am I not surprise?

Have you looked at a sled yet? Land Yacht? Unlimited Hydroplane?

To be honest I think I like mine a lot better, in case you haven't noticed I can't leave anything alone. I will tell you I've had more problems with this job for some reason. I had to make new brackets for the hydraulic bumpstops, because as far as I can tell, the ones supplied don't have anything to do with a Tacoma. No snorkle, no guns, but most importantly "NO" airbags, and I'm lookin' straight to heaven when I say that, but if you need airbags on a Tacoma, it's a sure sign you're overloaded.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#24 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

To be honest I think I like mine a lot better, in case you haven't noticed I can't leave anything alone. I will tell you I've had more problems with this job for some reason. I had to make new brackets for the hydraulic bumpstops, because as far as I can tell, the ones supplied don't have anything to do with a Tacoma. No snorkle, no guns, but most importantly "NO" airbags, and I'm lookin' straight to heaven when I say that, but if you need airbags on a Tacoma, it's a sure sign you're overloaded.

Pueblo: I think phase two will be the best part of this Tacoma build up, I've been doing a little research on this 4.0 motor, did you know you can have 355 smog legal, drivable horsepower if you want it, and most importantly bags more torque. It'll have to be done, now that I know you can.

#25 Puffins

Puffins

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJackson County OR

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

There is a snorkel on it!
Mike Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket? (Had 95 Hawk on a)06 Chevy 2500HD Crew Duramax 02 Nash 19B State of Jefferson Refugee

#26 Brewery Meister

Brewery Meister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, Cal

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

go to this website. http://www.activesuspension.com/

I've used these on my Tundra that has a Panther camper. They work better than the bags I've had on my last truck. They not only give you more spring... but reduce sway.

Had them for a few years with NO problems. ;)

CB
Clark B :thumb:

2002 Tundra 4WD Limited...TRD package... limited slip... slight lift... custom built ATC - first one sold.

https://www.allterra...attie_Page.html

#27 Darryla

Darryla

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

Fisherman, Ok, more dumb questions from the "Nweby." what are you refferring to when you say "To be honest I think I like mine a lot better." The truck with the guns or some contraption other than Airbags.

Clark B. Right now I have added Super springs. Yes, I have a fully loaded Bobcat, but upon further investigation I am not really leaning to the left. I am level, but seem to sway a bit going around corners etc. I can live with it and the truck seems to run fine. But, I was hoping to have a stiffer ride. Is your Panther fully loaded? I almost want to call you next time I am in Santa Cruz to see them before I put anymore money into this project. I am in San Jose 5 days a week and I am down in Santa Cruz once in a while.

I am going to call Pacbrake tomorrow, as well as check out Clark B's idea.

Darryl

#28 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

Fisherman, Ok, more dumb questions from the "Nweby." what are you refferring to when you say "To be honest I think I like mine a lot better." The truck with the guns or some contraption other than Airbags.

Clark B. Right now I have added Super springs. Yes, I have a fully loaded Bobcat, but upon further investigation I am not really leaning to the left. I am level, but seem to sway a bit going around corners etc. I can live with it and the truck seems to run fine. But, I was hoping to have a stiffer ride. Is your Panther fully loaded? I almost want to call you next time I am in Santa Cruz to see them before I put anymore money into this project. I am in San Jose 5 days a week and I am down in Santa Cruz once in a while.

I am going to call Pacbrake tomorrow, as well as check out Clark B's idea.

Darryl

You are new, first off there is some controversy as to wether or not I know what I'm talking about, I suggest you take that under consideration. The truck with guns belongs to the most senior Mr. Pueblo, and they think I'm crazy. My daily driver has always been a Tacoma, which proves that my taste is not all bad, I'm doing a suspension buildup on the truck, I'm doing it to prove that I know which end of the screwdriver you're supposed to hold on to. The job does not include airbags, but after taking a good look at my dogs, maybe it should. The airbag deal has caused a lot of controversy,none of which I intended. If you want, you can Goggle airbag problems, you might learn something. It's interesting, I don't have either Firestone or Pacbrake airbags on my truck. I have Keldermans, how did I get myself into this?

#29 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

So where does one purchase these slick pacbrake airbags for a Tundra? Gino's garage was mentioned somewhere, but they do not list tundras.

I like the pacbrake installation over the axel on the 2000-06 Tundras. Not keen on the firestone and others mounting in front of the axel.

No drill is a bonus!

S

#30 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:24 PM

Salty says the went under. He also didnt mention that they use a Chinese compressor.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users