• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

You could always leave the drain alone.  "T" into a existing pressurised line and plumb it to the outside wall.  Use a good quality faucet or a quick connect for a hose.  If you had a outside shower then this would accomplish what you want, just use a different hose and end.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#12 Yubaman

Yubaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

pvstoy,

Yup, i think i need to get off my fascination with the drain!! quick-connect is the ticket. 

Thanks all.

2014 Tacoma, 2012 Eagle

#13 Yubaman

Yubaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Soon after I got my Fleet, it became apparent that the OEM Whale faucet had to go. I looked at a lot of bath and bar faucets online, searching for the right combination of rise above the sink and extension out over the sink, trying to maximize both. It had to be single-lever to solve the problem the OEM faucet had of wet hands dripping onto the counter when turning the handles. The replacement faucet can't rise too high or the ceiling will hit it when the top is down, but the one I chose is about as tall as possible. I made a little cushioned cover to slip over the faucet handle, which protects the wall fabric from abrasion when the top is down. The biggest problem was that the hole in the coutertop is rectangular, to accomodate the Whale faucet and any replacement will require a single or three round holes. My faucet needed a single hole, so I had to make a stainless steel plate to mount the faucet and cover the rectangular hole in the countertop. I caulked the heck out of it with 3M 4000. I had to redo the plumbing some and remove the sink to get at it. It was quite a project, but definitely worth it.

- Bernard

What did you do to adapt from the bar faucet to the water inlet, looks like 1/2" hose? 

2014 Tacoma, 2012 Eagle

#14 bfh4n

bfh4n

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationLovingston, Virginia

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:08 PM

As I recall, the OEM Whale faucet was connected directly to the pex pipes. My new faucet had stainless-covered hoses for connection, so I had to do some modifying. Access was very limited, so I took the sink out temorarily and then it was pretty easy. I added a provision for a charcoal filter in the cold water line while I was at it, which complicated thinks a bit more.

- Bernard

2014 silver Fleet front-dinette

2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4WD TRD V6 6-speed

#15 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

I bought this at Ace last year. HAs been great.

i2W-c16WObYH_5vCZT2IQ34rg96YDmOr63Jb78nt

#16 Yubaman

Yubaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:08 PM

This is the faucet I ended up with: 

https://www.amazon.c...U_Myu5CbG9QNGQK $40

It needed a shank extender, https://www.amazon.c...U_1Ku5CbNKZ17S0

and a standard 1/2" supply line with nipple to replace the rube goldberg setup that came with. I will take a picture. 

2014 Tacoma, 2012 Eagle

#17 pictor1

pictor1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalgary AB, Canada

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

I have a 2012 Fleet which I purchased new. It has performed flawlessly until now. I partially filled the water tank this weekend, approximately 3/4 according to leds. But when I went to use the faucet this weekend no water and the pump when switched on just ran continuously. I have a hot water tank which I have never touched but has always worked as described, and an out side shower which has always worked.  The water pump sounds the same as always but there is no water swirling around in the filter glass so I suspect that water is not getting from the tank to the pump.

So I am guessing that I need water pressure that I now don't have or there is a blockage between tank and the pump. Any thoughts/comments will be greatly appreciated. thanks

#18 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:21 PM

If your pump is running continuously, suspect either something is open or you have an air leak because once the pump pressurizes the system and all faucets and valves are shut, the pump will stop. I think if you had a blockage the system would still pressurize. Another possibility might be the pump diaphragm might have a tear. 

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#19 GDinMT

GDinMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

You might check to make sure the valve on the drain line is in the closed position.  If left in the open position, the system cannot properly pressurize.

#20 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

https://fourwheelcam...er-heater-sink/

This might explain things on valves.  The pump needs a closed system to build up pressure. Air in system with water does not compress much and the pump keeps pumping.  Or like what was said the pump is compromised.

With the water faucet open do you hear air coming out?  Maybe you are just filling the water heater that takes six gallons and takes a while.  Play with your valves with the pump running and see if there are changes. Look for leaks in the system.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pump, water, pressure, outside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users