#41 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:17 PM

👏👍

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#42 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

Your Cabinets came out looking great! I have that same table mount and like it a lot. I did shorten the horizontal bar...having to cut it and bore a hole for the pin (swivel). wasn't hard but it is scary cutting something like that. It worked out better for me as the table top was then more solidly centered on the top plate.

You are doing a terrific job...layout looks real comfortable.

Thanks!  I was thinking of stabilizing the table somehow.  Maybe adding a support underneath when it is in the "longest" position that braces the table onto the first pivot point?  How big did you make your table top and why?

#43 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,050 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:49 PM

Hey Vic....You will love that table... easy to swivel around in a number of set ups. My Eagle determined how I was to mount it ...I had to cut and redrill the plat to make the footprint smaller and subsequently also the length of the vertical had to be shortened... After I had made the top out of 1/2" red oak I decided I was going to change my countertop layout...moving the stove to the rear so I could coat with the bed open. I removed the sink as well but left the water pump. I ordered a new marbled countertop from FWC and thought...hey why not match the tabletop? So I ordered that at the same time. It looks good matching. 

Now to the point: As these laminated formica tables don't have the screw strength as hardwood I was uncomfortable with the amount of overhang (cut a piece of cardboard the size of the table top... you'll see what I mean when you swivel the top into different positions. I was not liking the look of the overhang on one end and imagined my dog jumping down at night or worse me putting my foot at the end of that overhang and the screws would pop. The metal base is further on dimension then the other. 

So my solution was to, to allow a centered top on the metal base was to shorten the horizontal bar. In doing so the table does not swing to far out into the aisle nor bang on the window glass nor swing to far toward one person. I had to only use a metal hole cutter for the stem, then chopped off the length, then cut in to the hole to allow the pinch clamp to work as on the original.

It works fine and dandy.

And that is the long and not so short of it! 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#44 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:07 PM

Hey Vic....You will love that table... easy to swivel around in a number of set ups. My Eagle determined how I was to mount it ...I had to cut and redrill the plat to make the footprint smaller and subsequently also the length of the vertical had to be shortened... After I had made the top out of 1/2" red oak I decided I was going to change my countertop layout...moving the stove to the rear so I could coat with the bed open. I removed the sink as well but left the water pump. I ordered a new marbled countertop from FWC and thought...hey why not match the tabletop? So I ordered that at the same time. It looks good matching. 

Now to the point: As these laminated formica tables don't have the screw strength as hardwood I was uncomfortable with the amount of overhang (cut a piece of cardboard the size of the table top... you'll see what I mean when you swivel the top into different positions. I was not liking the look of the overhang on one end and imagined my dog jumping down at night or worse me putting my foot at the end of that overhang and the screws would pop. The metal base is further on dimension then the other. 

So my solution was to, to allow a centered top on the metal base was to shorten the horizontal bar. In doing so the table does not swing to far out into the aisle nor bang on the window glass nor swing to far toward one person. I had to only use a metal hole cutter for the stem, then chopped off the length, then cut in to the hole to allow the pinch clamp to work as on the original.

It works fine and dandy.

And that is the long and not so short of it! 

Thanks..... we've already tried this table leg out on our trip last fall, so we have some idea how wonderful it is.  

I'm tackling installing arborite on the table and the counter top sometime soon.  Never done it before..  :wacko:  :blink:

#45 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:43 AM

Looks like things are coming along nicety.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#46 Sleddog

Sleddog

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

Very nice. I would keep it a lighter color, makes a small space cheery and bright.

#47 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

Someone asked me what brackets I used for the seats.  I got them off Amazon.ca, and used the 16" version.  I used 

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used ideas from this site to determine ideal seat heights/angles - http://www.brezlin.c...guidelines.html

And these are the seats we are using

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#48 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:31 AM

Those seats look nice.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#49 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:00 AM

Great job Vic!  Talk about storage space!  I love how you have the queen bed set up full time now.

You are definitely going to have to go to one of the FWC/ATC camping parties and show off your craftsmanship and ingenuity some day.

You've given so much to this forum, we all owe you a root beer.

#50 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

Great job Vic!  Talk about storage space!  I love how you have the queen bed set up full time now.

You are definitely going to have to go to one of the FWC/ATC camping parties and show off your craftsmanship and ingenuity some day.

You've given so much to this forum, we all owe you a root beer.

aaawww shucks Bill!  I'd love a root beer!  Couldn't have done it without this forum. Love WtW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users