#1 Toddhom

Toddhom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

Has anyone here made there own Four Wheel Campers mounting brackets for a Toyota Tacoma composite bed.   If so I'd love the dimensions so I can make my own.  The thickness of steel, length and width of the bracket and the height of the tabs plus the compound angles and hole size of the tabs.  While were at it also the size of both the carabiners and turn buckles.

Thank you in advance,

Todd Homchick

#2 todgru

todgru

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMaupin, OR

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:18 AM

So many Todd's!

I will try to attach photos's of my tie down brackets but WTW is notorious for issues with uploading photos. Just in case, here is a google photos album.

https://photos.app.g...5s3KFRj5binKfP9

#3 todgru

todgru

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMaupin, OR

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

These are the brackets from FWC. Steel is about 1/4" or 3/8". As you can see, the brackets use existing bolts as mount points.
IMG 0135
IMG 0136
IMG 0137
IMG 0138

For my previous FWC camper, my brother and I welded up brackets. Here's how they came out. Same thickness.
IMG 5938
IMG 5939
IMG 5940

Edited by todgru, 30 May 2019 - 05:36 AM.

#4 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:52 AM

If you're in CA and interested in buying a set I still have mine. They are for a standard 6' Tacoma bed.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#5 Harryie1

Harryie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:03 PM

If you're in CA and interested in buying a set I still have mine. They are for a standard 6' Tacoma bed.

Are you still trying to sell these brackets? Thanks!

#6 Greeneggsslc

Greeneggsslc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

hey I have a pair for sale here in Salt Lake City UT. I'd even trade if you have the wiring plugs to hook up a 2009 fleet to the truck battery for charging while driving. It's the older 3 prong plug and they say they no longer make it and I wont be able to get one.

#7 BigBlue07

BigBlue07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 05:41 AM

If anyone has these for sale please message me (mike) @ mikeking14@gmail.com. I live in CA but will pay for shipping :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users