11 replies to this topic

#1 Bellbear

Bellbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

First camp of the season. Fill up water tank turn on pump. Just a trickle coming from sink. Hear water running in back. Water coming fro. The top of the compartment that houses the plug in electrical cord. Up behind shower. Shower knobs turned off...
Thoughts?

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:41 PM

If it’s actually leaking, sounds like a cracked fixture. If you don’t see a leak, maybe just the water heater filling. Hopefully, just the water tank.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Bellbear

Bellbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

So,there is a hard tube with a copper fitting that came out of a threaded cap with a hole in middle for the fitting to go into.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:14 AM

So,there is a hard tube with a copper fitting that came out of a threaded cap with a hole in middle for the fitting to go into.

A picture would be helpful. I’m having a hard time visualizing where or what that is.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Bellbear

Bellbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Can I text picture to you?
Cant figure out how to send photos on this site.

#6 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

Can I text picture to you?
Cant figure out how to send photos on this site.

Pm sent.

I am haunted by waters

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

Here’s the photo. Sorry to say, but I don’t know what that is going into.

C0EF538E-F5DC-46E6-A425-5120947C432C.jpeg

I am haunted by waters

#8 ardvark

ardvark

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:18 AM

Can you shoot a couple pictures of what is inside that bay? That ell fitting connects to another PEX water line and the line that came off should still have the stainless steel pinch band on it. It has to be right there.

#9 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Does that end fit into a receiver and maybe there was a rubber "O" ring that split.  Just can't tell what is going on with one picture.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#10 ardvark

ardvark

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

It does not fit into a receiver and does not require "O" ring. That is a standard brass ell that is secured into PEX tubing with a stainless steel clinch band. The tubing in the picture is the ell being held on with a clinch band.

Hallmark used that type of material in the water lines including the shut-off valves for the water line drains. Do-it-yourselfers now usually use Shark Bites to replace them because they are simpler to use and do not require bands. When using clinch bands the shift now is to the black plastic ones you find at Lowes and Home Depot.

If the OP can locate the line it came out of, assuming the band holding it let go, the easiest  thing to do is cut off the clinch band showing in the picture and replace the ell with a Shark Bite ell by simply sliding it onto the tubing showing in the picture and the piece of tubing the ell came out of. Should only take a few minutes. Easier way to cut off the band if you do not have the clinch tool to twist it off is using a Dremel with a small grinding disk, but you can also use a hack saw. Just cut it half way and then twist and it will break off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users