28 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:22 PM

What a great time that was! Thank you to all who took part, it was such a nice group of people! Julie & I are just back home after locking up the group camp. This will be the thread if anyone would like to post photos or comments. I will be adding our photos and comments in a bit.

Here is the original posting about the gathering -

Wander the West Gathering - July 2019 - Tahoe Sierra Area

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:59 PM

Nice that you all had a great time.

Waiting for the pictures.

Thanks Ski for putting this together.

We'll have to make it sometime.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Let me be the first with a big shout out to Ski and Julie for being such great hosts of the WTW gathering. I had a great time meeting new friends and catching up with old ones I haven't seen in a few years. The weather couldn't have been any better!  Lots of great rigs to check out and plenty of good conversation.

The food everyone prepared was outstanding, and I think I might have gained a pound or two. The food was so good, it was also enjoyed by a couple of uninvited guests. I'm sure Ski will fill you in.......

Again, thanks to SKI and Julie, and everyone I got the opportunity to meet and chat with for a great time. Maybe, if we're lucky, this might become a yearly event. I'll post a few picures when I get home next week.

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#4 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 795 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:30 AM

Let me second that K6ON, sorry I had to cut out tuesday afternoon, what did I miss ?  The group camp was nice, it was great seeing all the rigs and members from the clan. Thank you very much Julie and Montie for putting the event together !!!!!

#5 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

C'mon! Not one photo from any of you? It is bad enough I couldn't make it. You are going to make sure I don't see what I missed either.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:01 PM

C'mon! Not one photo from any of you? It is bad enough I couldn't make it. You are going to make sure I don't see what I missed either.

In regards to us, been busy with other things. Patience, Ted, patience at least with us. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:30 PM

I'm with Ted, pics or it didn't happen :)  Unfortunately my days off didn't align this time. Won't be a problem next year.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,315 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:53 PM

The food everyone prepared was outstanding, and I think I might have gained a pound or two. The food was so good, it was also enjoyed by a couple of uninvited guests. I'm sure Ski will fill you in.......

and from the initial announcement about the gathering -

"To be proactive we want to eliminate two possible conflicts from the start so have set some guidelines. Bears frequent this campground. No food, ice chests, bottles, or other food/scent related articles will be unattended at any time. All items will be stored out of sight. While we all love dogs, they will not permitted to run loose in the campground. In camp, all dogs must be on a leash, staked out or confined at all times. Bears frequent the area along with other critters that may enjoy your pet."

everyone was forewarned.....................................................

#9 kramme

kramme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:48 AM

A big thank you to Monte and Julie for covering the details that made the event so enjoyable. My husband was very impressed that the hosts would take the time to individually thank each person for attending, we both have not experienced that before. The other take away was the great diversity of backgrounds of fellow campers but all having the common denominator of love and respect for the outdoors. We do not have any pictures to post (next time) but wish we could somehow "bottle" the relaxing and inspiring aroma of pine trees and western cedar.  

2019 F250 and Hawk (Woolrich Edition)

#10 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:22 AM

I'm still on the road Ted, will post a few when I get home. BTW, you were missed, get well soon!

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users