• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#11 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

For all the electric gurus .... a page to analyze ... there are some curious drastic falls in some columns ... note 26 days ago.... when my woes began.Attached File  IMG_4566.JPG   395.69K   63 downloads

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#12 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

I have seen a rise in voltage to 13.6 so far today. A few more hours of NE sun to go. Attached is a photo of Victron app history. attachicon.gifIMG_9095.JPG

This to me would indicate that everything it working as it should - 100Ah at 13.2V is 1320Wh - over the past four days you have harvested ~1100 Wh, so you are most of the way charged.    By tomorrow you should be full. 

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#13 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

Isotherm fridge on #4 with a 12 pack of beer (hate wasting cold). Sun starting behind trees so panel V has dropped. Here is a shot of the BMS of four cells. Attached File  IMG_9099.JPG   456.48K   51 downloads

Henry David Thoreau

#14 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

24 hours later ... rain all day so minimal solar... here are two shots with fridge running and then off.... maybe this will recover after all ... hope I will too!
Attached File  IMG_9114.JPG   97.18K   41 downloads

Henry David Thoreau

#15 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

And after fridge turned offAttached File  IMG_9115.JPG   94.68K   36 downloads

Edited by buckland, 21 August 2019 - 08:39 PM.

Henry David Thoreau

#16 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:21 PM

I had a crisis last Spring with my, 1.5 year old, LiFePo4 100+50Ah parallel system. My Camper was undergoing an inside shop buildout &, I don’t know how, my Batteries somehow were drained completely. 12V socket use probably. It was scary. At first they were very slow to charge from Solar. The weather was quite cloudy that week which did not help. As charging progressed it did pick up. After plugging in my portable flex panel, day 3 to add W, it really picked up. It was ~noon day 4 when the V topped up to usual. My batteries have been excellent since then.
I’ve not followed the build but I thought to question the BMS or if the cells were all the same generation. That seems to look fine. Is the Camper connected to your truck system? Here’s pics with all power off for 2 weeks. Note ... not an electric guru.

Attached Files

Edited by Stokeme, 22 August 2019 - 08:28 PM.

#17 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Glad you asked that question.... as I went back through history (I posted it in print form). Then I went back to the journal we keep when camping. The night that the big drop in battery occurred I had decided to check the turnbuckles and while on the floor on a instant decision I plugged the camper into the truck.
I have a Blue Sea separator... the switch turned on but the button on top not pressed in. This I believe ...had the truck and camper battery separated.
The next day the juice in my camper battery was way low.
The camper now is not attached to truck electrics. The day is partly cloudy and fridge on ... battery 13.36.

Edited by buckland, 23 August 2019 - 04:42 PM.

Henry David Thoreau

#18 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

Followed 2 linked, long threads (honestly kind of hi jacking the latter thread) a few years back, previous to my LiFePo4 purchase. The OP was having mysterious V drain with his LFP4 Battery. He narrowed the timeline to normal V at night, abnormal & low V in the morning, that was not applicable to his amp usage. His conclusion, was the difference in resting V, between his LFP4 Camper Battery & his LA Truck Battery, was causing his Truck to drain his Camper Battery overnight, seemingly every night. I know that healthy resting V can vary between LFP4 Batteries ... configurations & generations.

Edited by Stokeme, 23 August 2019 - 09:38 PM.

#19 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

That smacks of similarity!... Though being a science guy I will not assume causality until I poke around and isolate the variables. I really do think the separator is somehow responding to the truck computer system at night (I have a couple things plugged into the truck cab usb ...GPS etc... that I know at night is still on...though minimal draw) ... wonder if the truck senses and draws camper battery at night? .... 

I see no reason really to keep the truck and camper connected with the solar charging my camper.  But that is a statement from someone who definitely does not have all the answers! Thanks for the input.

Henry David Thoreau

#20 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

X2 on being a science guy, just not an (learning) electric guy. A sincere Tip of the Hat for building a Battery.

Edited by Stokeme, 25 August 2019 - 01:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users