• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:55 PM

I have one and like it, except for the rattle.

Any proven solutions to quiet the rattle? I am thinking a rubber voile ski strap around the whole casing may work, but if anyone else has a solution, I am all ears.

I use small Velcro tie on each end and small piece of 1/8” thick rubber in the center before closing. this keeps it quiet on the road. It’s a good unit except a bit heavy and the rattle makes me crazy!

#12 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:09 AM

We have the Fiamma F45 on our 2014 Hawk. Early on, I had some noise from it, but learned to carefully store the legs and ensure that the awning is evenly seated on storing it. On ours, we would have a slight gap usually in the front after cranking it in if we had not seated the legs correctly. Now, each leg foot is folded and placed near stored position. Placing a hand on the foot end and the other on the pivot extension, I push to seat the pivot and the foot simultaneously. Repeat with other leg and crank in the awning. If the small gap is evenly parallel for the entire length, it is correct and I have no noise.

Of course, this might be just ritualistic superstitious behavior on my part and YMMV but it works for me. :)

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#13 5outta6

5outta6

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger on a fiamma awning but still wonder about the 'rattles'....Rattles drive me crazy! Off paved roads I can handle the rattles but not on paved highways......

Any more opinions out there?   TNX

Ford F150 super crew, ATC Ocelot shell, Icom 706MKIIG,  AC6GD

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:07 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger on a fiamma awning but still wonder about the 'rattles'....Rattles drive me crazy! Off paved roads I can handle the rattles but not on paved highways......

Any more opinions out there?   TNX

I don’t recall issues with the rattle on paved roads.  Perhaps because I normally keep the windows up at highway speeds, perhaps because it takes sustained bumps (and windows down) to make it bothersome.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users