• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:00 PM

Installed the Victron Orion-Tr Smart non-isolated DC to DC charger... removed my Blue Sea 7622 ACR. just a quick question: In the settings. Default is LiFePo4 

Is there a specific voltage to set the Input Voltage at? As it is adjustable (as is the shutdown detection voltage).

Attached Files

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#32 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,959 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

Installed the Victron Orion-Tr Smart non-isolated DC to DC charger... removed my Blue Sea 7622 ACR. just a quick question: In the settings. Default is LiFePo4 

Is there a specific voltage to set the Input Voltage at? As it is adjustable (as is the shutdown detection voltage).

I looked at those too when I installed mine.  Set it low enough so that it would never try to engage if your starting battery was draining... anything less than 11.5V looks dangerous to me, so that is where I set the bottom number.  Top number I set to something above my fully charged Optima Yellow top sits at... so that if it is higher than that, the alternator must be running.  13.8v works for me.

I'm not really sure why victron has two settings here. The engine shutdown detection setting would suffice I would think?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Solar, DC-DC, B2B, Hack, Battery Charger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users