7 replies to this topic

#1 Aussiedor

Aussiedor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:14 AM

I did a very brief search for "table attached to camper jacks".  I did not come up with anything.   I thought this might be interesting for someone.  I purchased some folding brackets that lock when in the open position and attached them to the camper jacks using a worm gear clamp.  I'm not completely finished with the project yet but here are a few pics of what I've done so far.  I'll post a pic of my finished project when I'm done.

Attached Thumbnails

• unnamed-2.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg

#2 Wandering On Wheels

Wandering On Wheels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGrand Junction, Colorado

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:05 PM

Great idea, where did you find those locking folding brackets? What are you thinking for the table top material?

#3 Aussiedor

Aussiedor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:44 PM

Brackets were purchased from the evil empire  :D  There's a good selection of them.  I purchased the 16" long brackets which will give me enough room for a nice size platform/table.  The "worm gear clamps" came from a local HomeDepot.  I'm sure you could also purchase them online.  I had no idea these clamps were called "worm gear clamps".  I had to drill a hole in the clamp and attach it to the bracket using a flathead screw.  The rubber around the jack is just a bicycle DH tube I had sitting around.  I'll do some trimming of the tube to clean up the look of it.  Not sure about the material for the table top will be.  I may also put a telescoping leg in the middle for extra support. That way I will be able to use a lighter wood for the table top.    I'm also planning on using bungie cords to keep the table tied down  when driving. 

#4 Seattle Mitch

Seattle Mitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

As an alternative to the "evil empire", I've seen those brackets at Rockler Stores.

#5 Seattle Mitch

Seattle Mitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

I'd like to figure out a way to use them to attach a table to my Fleet, but I don't travel with the jacks attached.

#6 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

I'd like to figure out a way to use them to attach a table to my Fleet, but I don't travel with the jacks attached.

Should be easy to make some aluminum angle pieces to bolt to the jack brackets and bolt your table supports to the aluminum angle.

No need to be a machinst to make it. Just hold or clamp the aluminum angle to the jack bracket and use a spring loaded center punch to mark two or three jack bracket hole locations in the aluminum. Drill at the marked spots and use wing nuts/star knobs to hold the angle aluminum to the jack bracket's existing holes. No tools meeded to mount or remove the table.

I did this to hold a Harbor Freight flagpole to one of mine to support a ham antenna.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#7 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:55 PM

Hi Aussie. Nice job.

Would you zoom out and give us a few more pictures showing the table attached to the legs?

Thanks.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#8 Aussiedor

Aussiedor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:20 PM

Sorry, I kind of put this post up and i've not checked it for a couple days.  Anyway, I'm still trying to find a material for the table.  I'm thinking about a thin piece of stainless steel.  Something that will not rust or need maintenance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users