Photo

Any last suggestions? About to lock in our Hallmark pop up truck camper order.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:52 PM

Sorry for ringing in late - just seeing this thread as we've been out in Yellowstone/ South Central Montana in our Hallmark enjoying the fall colors and fishing!  

First, a well-optioned Hallmark and I'm sure you'll love it.  After just spending a lot of time in mine, I can't think of anything I'd add to your list.  You rig sounds very similar to ours actually.  A few comments - my wife (5' 2") loves the booster step for getting into the cab-over - good addition!  And the shower/porta-potty set-up has worked very well for us (I love avoiding dump stations). 

Maybe the only thing I would have changed was fewer cigarette lighter plugs (we have 4) and more USB charging plugs, but we just use an adapter to charge phones so not a big issue. 

Did you end up getting the ladder?  I didn't think I'd ever use ours but its turned out to be very handy. 

And something you are probably already aware of but you can spec about any material you want (in any color).  We have sunbrella and it is wearing like iron. 

Can't wait to see pictures of your finished unit.  When is delivery? 

-Vic 

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#12 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

Hey Vic - thanks so much for the great thoughts. Very helpful. :-)

I ended up ordering the "full offset" ladder with Matt - he says it will work well with our rear storage cans. 

and he can provide a mount so we can put our MaxxTrax on the ladder, at 90 degrees for some reason. Fine with me. 

or perhaps I should have the exterior "wall" MaxxTrax mounts, instead, to leave the ladder free and always clear? I can't decide. Hmmmmmm

Havent picked an interior fabric color, but yes I hear Sunbrella is a good choice. Glad to hear that from you as well Vic. :-)

I'm guessing we go dark blue or black for fabric. to hide anything, down the road....

I get he camper about 4 months from now.

I am envious of your trip to Yellowstone/ South Central Montana  - nice!! Hoping the weather was mostly good for you. 

cheers

J

Sorry for ringing in late - just seeing this thread as we've been out in Yellowstone/ South Central Montana in our Hallmark enjoying the fall colors and fishing!  

First, a well-optioned Hallmark and I'm sure you'll love it.  After just spending a lot of time in mine, I can't think of anything I'd add to your list.  You rig sounds very similar to ours actually.  A few comments - my wife (5' 2") loves the booster step for getting into the cab-over - good addition!  And the shower/porta-potty set-up has worked very well for us (I love avoiding dump stations). 

Maybe the only thing I would have changed was fewer cigarette lighter plugs (we have 4) and more USB charging plugs, but we just use an adapter to charge phones so not a big issue. 

Did you end up getting the ladder?  I didn't think I'd ever use ours but its turned out to be very handy. 

And something you are probably already aware of but you can spec about any material you want (in any color).  We have sunbrella and it is wearing like iron. 

Can't wait to see pictures of your finished unit.  When is delivery? 

-Vic 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users