14 replies to this topic

#1 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPark City, Utah

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:49 AM

Just a brief write up on my initial experiences with 2019 Hallmark Milner.  I hope this is useful information to anyone considering one!  

https://www.surfands...ark-Milner-page

#2 desert-trails

desert-trails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPalomar Mountain, CA.

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Nice write up, Scott.  We're sure happy with our used Cuchara we bought last year.  Campers that are well built and great customer service from a family owned business is a plus.  Thanks for posting.  

Cliff

Cliff

2018 F-350 4x4 Ex Cab Long Bed

2011 Cuchara

2009 Tacoma 4x4 TRD

2010 4-Runner Trail Edition

#3 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:48 PM

Nice write up, Scott.  We're sure happy with our used Cuchara we bought last year.  Campers that are well built and great customer service from a family owned business is a plus.  Thanks for posting.  

Cliff

Glad you're enjoying yours.  Certainly buying used is a good way to go.  I started that way and there just weren't that many for sale so if you can find one that meets your needs, you've got to act quickly.  Happy Trails!

#4 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

Nice write up! 

and congrats. 

i have our Hallmark on order. Also with Truma Combi Plus. 

very excited. 

cheers

J

#5 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:27 PM

Thanks LosAngeles! When will yours be ready? The Milner is really just perfect for what I was wanting out of a truck camper. The Truma Combi was an important factor in my decision. It’s performed just as I’d hoped: quiet and efficient. I have no reason to think durability will be an issue, only time will tell. The only thing is if you have water in the unit and freezing temps are expected and you won’t be using it, you’ll want to winterize it. Truma says their warranty does’t cover it. It’s easy and not tools ate required. You simply bypass it and drain it. Gravity takes care of the rest. Of course if you have the unit on, it’s no problem to use it cold conditions. Anyway, good luck with yours and if I can answer anymore questions, I’m happy to do that.

#6 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:17 PM

Congratulations from another satisfied Hallmark Owner!

i love the hatch over the bed! If we ever get another one I will be sure to get it.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#7 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:13 AM

Congratulations from another satisfied Hallmark Owner!

i love the hatch over the bed! If we ever get another one I will be sure to get it.

Thank you!  So far the hatch has been a great feature and it is really made possible by the roof's lifting mechanism.  The jury is out for winter camping as it could be cold but I don't think so at least not any colder than what a fan cover would be like.  I'm sure it's much thicker than one of those and is weather sealed. There is a thermal snap cover which should help if it comes to that, though I would hate to obstruct the view.

#8 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 04:18 AM

Heya - we get ours Feb or March.  

thanks for the offer of answering questions - much appreciated. 

:)

Thanks LosAngeles! When will yours be ready? The Milner is really just perfect for what I was wanting out of a truck camper. The Truma Combi was an important factor in my decision. It’s performed just as I’d hoped: quiet and efficient. I have no reason to think durability will be an issue, only time will tell. The only thing is if you have water in the unit and freezing temps are expected and you won’t be using it, you’ll want to winterize it. Truma says their warranty does’t cover it. It’s easy and not tools ate required. You simply bypass it and drain it. Gravity takes care of the rest. Of course if you have the unit on, it’s no problem to use it cold conditions. Anyway, good luck with yours and if I can answer anymore questions, I’m happy to do that.

#9 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

Nice write up Scott. Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see fellow photographers!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#10 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 04:16 PM

Nice write up Scott. Thanks for sharing. Always nice to see fellow photographers!

Thanks Happyjax!  I'm primarily a headshot photographer but love getting outdoors for some nature work when I can.  Popup campers make it so easy to do that and the Hallmark in particular has really make it comfortable as well.  It looks like you have a camper pending, so good luck with yours!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hallmark, Truma, Battleborn, Sterling, Lewmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users