15 replies to this topic

#11 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:06 AM

Or you could just get a shell and build it out the way you want it.  You can get better quality and you don't feel bad if you have to tear out part of it and redesign if some part of your design isn't working for you.

I stripped an older FWC Grandby and built my own interior.  Build thread is in my signature.

jim

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#12 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:16 AM

Or you could just get a shell and build it out the way you want it.  You can get better quality and you don't feel bad if you have to tear out part of it and redesign if some part of your design isn't working for you.

I stripped an older FWC Grandby and built my own interior.  Build thread is in my signature.

jim

X2. This is my plan for my next camper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#13 old climber guy

old climber guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

Hello, everyone -  Just joined.  We got a Panther this summer.  We were a bit worried about weight, since our Tundra extra cab doesn't have a huge payload, so went with the basic ATC Panther shell with the following extras:  battery, fantastic fan in the front over the bed, 12-V outlet in the back of the camper (on the left as you enter), and a long bench along the right-hand (passenger) side right under the window with a foam pad (our son sleeps on that, and makes for an excellent place to sit).  Those are the only extras we had ATC do.

Our additions:

12-V Dometic cooler in the front center of the camper

on-shore outlet next to the 12-V outlet so we can use shore power if it's available

300 watts of solar on top with charge controller (the camper comes pre-wired for solar, so it's a breeze to set up).

We're going to build out some sort of cabinet on the left side (non-window side) at some point once we figure out what we want.

I cannot say how amazing ATC's customer service is.  We had a minor issue with a window, and they fixed immediately, and did it the right way (if I did it, it would not have been done nearly as well).  They provided expert and much-needed advice on the solar install, and were more than happy to show me the details of how they build the campers (shop tour!) - their aluminum welding is top-notch!  Quality product, less expensive than the competitor(s), and good people. 

#14 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:47 PM

Welcome to the cult and to the ATC camper owner group.

Enjoy your new camper.We sure have out 09 Bobcat for 10 years.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

Old Climber Guy, welcome to the group!  I agree about ATC, they’re a great team.  I sold my Bobcat because I needed a larger camper, but I really liked it.

I am haunted by waters

#16 old climber guy

old climber guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the welcome messages!  Looking forward to learning more and more about ATCs and the improvements everyone has made to theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users