14 replies to this topic

#1 imix

imix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:51 PM

They've been teasing this for awhile but its finally out. 

https://www.truckcam...hes-rogue-line/

Highlights:

Aluminum framed.

Heater, tankless water heater and outdoor shower options. Fantastic type fans in roof.

Sink/two burner stove

Hinged pop up, low in front, similar to the old Roamin Chariots. Queen sized North/South Bed. (pics are of an older prototype that was east west bed).

Front dinette in EB-2, side dinette in the EB-1.

Escape window on passenger side in the EB-2, nice place to put an A/C.

Two sizes one for half ton type trucks, one for Colorado and Frontier and I assume Tacomas.

No bathroom or even a place to put a toilet that I can see. I'd bring a folding toilet.

Solar and second battery are options.

Retails for $12,600 for the EB-2 and 13 something for the EB-1. Dry weight roughly 1200 for the EB-2 1300 for EB-1.

Think they are gonna sell like hotcakes. Quality? Palomino is part of the Forest River mega rv corp I have been impressed by the hard sided ones I've been in, never been in a pop up. 

#2 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

I like how they say the intention may be for the "overland market" where things like "overall durability and reliable function

" are prioritized unlike the general camper market. So, until now they have not been building their campers with an "overall durability and reliable function" ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Anyways. all the power to anyone who's budget meets these campers and it helps them get out and past the paved campgrounds.

Edited by trikebubble, 30 October 2019 - 04:34 PM.

#3 roverjohn

roverjohn

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationKANSAS CITY

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

I was hoping it actually was Rouge and not Rogue :rolleyes:. That said why are they so heavy? And why use that rood material?

And as long as I'm asking why the fiberglass exterior when you're building a camper that's supposedly light weight?

I wonder if they would just sell a frame with canvas because you could probably make a 700lb camper if you really want lightness.

Otherwise it's kind of cool in a Roamin Chariot sort of way.

#4 imix

imix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

They are part of a mega rv corp, so they tend to use all the "standard" stuff that the corp clearly buys in bulk. Consumers (hate that word) want smooth fiberglass siding even though campers like FWC/ATC clearly demonstrate the superiority of aluminium. 

My cons: The exterior lift system. Looks dodgy. I know there is a manual override option with a socket wrench in case it breaks, but still...

The fridge. Would replace the propane one with an 12v electric. Wish that were an option.

Not sure about those removable storage thingys that hang from the ceiling. Look like a serious nuisance.

Personally, I like the hinged roof. I don't need to sit up in bed. Not a huge front dinette guy. Always liked the Roamin Chariot concept, a lot of euro truck campers do that too. Overall I think its a interesting concept and I hope they sell well. I have a Palomino dealer in my city, I plan to go check it out when they arrive. I also like that you can go to a dealership and look at one and buy one....the six to eight month wait for a FWC or ATC is ridiculous. But....you also get what you pay and wait for.

#5 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

They are part of a mega rv corp, so they tend to use all the "standard" stuff that the corp clearly buys in bulk. Consumers (hate that word) want smooth fiberglass siding even though campers like FWC/ATC clearly demonstrate the superiority of aluminium. 

My cons: The exterior lift system. Looks dodgy. I know there is a manual override option with a socket wrench in case it breaks, but still...

The fridge. Would replace the propane one with an 12v electric. Wish that were an option.

Not sure about those removable storage thingys that hang from the ceiling. Look like a serious nuisance.

Personally, I like the hinged roof. I don't need to sit up in bed. Not a huge front dinette guy. Always liked the Roamin Chariot concept, a lot of euro truck campers do that too. Overall I think its a interesting concept and I hope they sell well. I have a Palomino dealer in my city, I plan to go check it out when they arrive. I also like that you can go to a dealership and look at one and buy one....the six to eight month wait for a FWC or ATC is ridiculous. But....you also get what you pay and wait for.

How on earth are you supposed to watch movies in bed with your Wife and 2 dogs if the whole top doesn't pop up. We aren't uncivilized animals here you know.  :lol: :lol:

#6 jmnielsen

jmnielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:30 PM

Those actually look pretty decent.  Would be a palomino I would consider purchasing.

#7 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,286 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

Actually a nice starter/reasonably priced camper.

Not to worked up on the "Roman Chariot" style.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#8 Poorhouse

Poorhouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

Been shopping for a used popup for around $10k.  Mostly finding 10+ year old FWC's.  Came across the Rouge and am finding it an interesting alternative.  I like the aluminum frame and hinged roof.  Wife likes that it is fully built out and  not a shell.  Negative is that it's a couple hundred pounds heavier than a FTW or ATC.  Still in the range of acceptable for our 2008 Tundra 5.7.

Local dealers only have loaded versions with prices for the EA/B 1 at $17k+.  Being they are RV dealers there is room to negotiate.  I had an email back and forth with our local dealer yesterday and they came down to $11,900.  Compelling at that price.  I'm thinking about offering $10,500 to see if there is more room.  That puts it at the top of my budget but seems worth it for a new unit.

#9 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

Local dealers only have loaded versions with prices for the EA/B 1 at $17k+.  Being they are RV dealers there is room to negotiate.  I had an email back and forth with our local dealer yesterday and they came down to $11,900.  Compelling at that price.  I'm thinking about offering $10,500 to see if there is more room.  That puts it at the top of my budget but seems worth it for a new unit.

Well that's alright ! Might be a nice silver lining for all this staying at home and saving money. :cool:

#10 Poorhouse

Poorhouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Deal made.  Pick it up next week.

I'll put a review together after we've had it out a few times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users