• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

Well after way too many Sundays I finally pulled the trigger.

During this last Expo East I decided on a Bundutec Sable which will be customized.

Have not tightened down all the screws but basically no water tank but a sink with a small gray tank that will be gravity fed.

Forced air heater, AGM battery, converter. (I have my 50Ah Renogy Lifepo4 box as a backup)

Using my Truckfridge that Squatch had told me about when they had gone on sale.

Lagun table and maybe an interior stove but hook ups so I can use my portable in either case.

At this time I am considering having 170watt Renogy panel with controller drop shipped for Rory to install. They carry Zamp but I am familiar with Renogy so unless someone can give me a reason that Zamp would be a better choice I'll go with what I know:)

Also getting the insulated panels for the top and a green ripstock for the popup. Camper will be gray.

There is a video for a custom Sable that will be similar. My fridge will go up front and the back unit will be all storage. Getting a 2" extension on the top so I have a teeny bit more headroom in the bed. Bed is pretty thick memory foam with storage underneath and on the sides.

Max fan in back vent over the bed. Also getting an AC. I know I may not use it much but I don't sleep well in muggy.....lol

Some of those glow steps which felt pretty sturdy at the Expo.

An exterior table which also stores Maxtrax and drops down for camping use.

Roof Rack, ladder to reach it and a small box on the back for storage.

Torklift frame mounts.

Jenn and Rory have been great to work with and I think this will be a good mix of quality, customization and price.

6 months give or take a few weeks.

Link to the video and a couple pics of that custom maxtrax table they make

Attached Thumbnails

• Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Closesmd.jpg
  • Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Open sm.jpg

Edited by Happyjax, 05 November 2019 - 01:35 AM.

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:08 AM

Woot woot!  Good for you! 

Regarding Zamp...  when I put 150 watts on the trailer, one of the selling points made by the rep was the quality of the solar panels.  Purported to be German and higher quality, better longevity.   Is that true, IDK, but it does a good job.

I see electric Happi Jac jacks on the camper in the video.  I think the gears are fine, but I’m not fond of the motors.  I had one that locked up (frequently), and I had to apply the factory strategy of use lots of muscle to break it loose. FWIW, my hardside camper dealer refers to them as Crappy Jacs.

We have the same windows, and while they are lighter, there are a couple of things to be aware of.  First, the plastic scratches, so be careful when the brush closes in.   Second, you need to have the screens rolled up to open or close the windows (be fast in buggy weather.  Third, when you roll the screen up, any bugs that don’t launch are rolled up and soon a dried insect legacy (easy to remove though).   All that said, I really like these windows!

I am haunted by waters

#3 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:24 AM

Thanks Sage....

I have time for a few alterations. Suggestions always welcomed. This is the place I learned what I know and there is so much experience here one would be foolish to not take note. BTW decided to lose the tailgate and get the entire 7 feet of camper floor. Will have to do a replacement backup camera and get some kind of hitch attachment for my probable Rad Rover and some extra truck juice:)

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,254 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:35 AM

Wow, this is great news, congratulations! The time between now and delivery will pass like the blink of an eye. :)

Very good choice, also!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:41 AM

I think you’ve made a good choice!  Come on out to the West!

Thanks Sage....

I have time for a few alterations. Suggestions always welcomed. This is the place I learned what I know and there is so much experience here one would be foolish to not take note. BTW decided to lose the tailgate and get the entire 7 feet of camper floor. Will have to do a replacement backup camera and get some kind of hitch attachment for my probable Rad Rover and some extra truck juice:)

I am haunted by waters

#6 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:53 AM

Can't wait to camp with all my WTW friends!!!!! I'll bring the East cookies with me:)

#7 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:16 PM

Congrats.

Watched the vid, and it looks to be nice camper. Good call on the grey tank and built in range. Will be a cleaner set up.

I know you've been waiting a long time for this, may it be everything you've hoped for !

#8 Tuff Guy 62

Tuff Guy 62

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArizona Rim Country

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:31 PM

Hooray! So happy for you. :)

2000 2WD Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 liter V8

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 liter Hemi

2015 ATC Custom Panther Shell

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Berra

#9 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

Congrats Jackie-

i know how much time and effort you put into getting the right rig for you!

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#10 Scott_H

Scott_H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPark City, Utah

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:45 PM

Congratulations!  It's always nice to have some customization / personalization so it really works for how you want to use it.  Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bundutec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users