49 replies to this topic

#1 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

Winter has started in a big way over most of the country.

Big storms here along the west coast.

Looks like the "pineapple river" is flowing big time.

The rain is welcome but not the flooding.

Stay safe.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

After 28" of snow, a warm storm is hitting this morning with heavy rain. What a way to begin Winter. The ice is gone and the snow is slop. Spring will be here before we know it. On to the Solstice! :)

This is certainly a very bad travel day for folks in the Sierra Nevada returning home from the Thanksgiving holiday break.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Adventurer

Adventurer

Advanced Member

• Gone Traveling
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

Went to Crater Lake yesterday.  Grey, cold, 17* and howling wind.  It was beautiful in its own way.  Had a great day with the girl friend enjoying the outdoors.  I can't wait for the next storm to blow through.

#4 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

Nor'easter started a few hours ago.... supposed to stop Tuesday morning... 18+? .... at least the ground is frozen so less slop in moving it. IT is pretty to see.... but I know...I really know... I'll be happier to see it go. I guess age says so as time goes on if responsible for dealing with it.... It would be great to have a my very own 'snow removal person' .... then I'd really chill about the season... just watch out the window then frolic with the snowshoes.

Edited by buckland, 01 December 2019 - 10:43 PM.

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#5 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

We lucked out, spent the snowy T Day at friends in Sante Fe, then outflanked the storm (Flagstaff was not bad driving despite all the snow) and got to spend the next part of the trip at snow free Lee's Ferry. Red cliffs were pretty with fresh snow on them while the condors at Marble Canyon did not disappoint.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#6 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:00 AM

Time to mount the ski racks on top of the camper! I do like the weight of the camper for driving in winter conditions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#7 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:06 AM

Agreed... me too... I will love to keep it on all year round soon. (need truck to work now)... I have a thin 600 pound slab of cement in the back to keep the alignment true (with camper out) as well as snow traction. The truck handles better with weight in snow! 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#8 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:06 AM

We joined the fun with a version of the sloppy winter mess this weekend- lots of snow, rain, sleet and wind. But we missed the worst of it. Duluth on Lake Superior north of us got blasted with 22 inches of the white stuff.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#9 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:55 AM

Its mostly bypassed me. Ground is so dry there is little runoff. No way am I going to try and play in the snow now. Too many crazy drivers out there.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#10 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

Rain and big wind here with 20% of the corn still in the fields. Farmers are getting it handed to them this year. It’s been a total train wreck for those guys all year. Warm temps this week means more mud for them to deal with. We need some freezing temps to tighten the ground. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users