Photo
- - - - -

Electrical problem. Help quick! Headed to Baja tomorrow!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:56 PM

Lucky Man... Agua Verde is my favorite...

How come?

#12 camper rich

camper rich

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

How come?

It's a nice little Mexican fishing village that has some beautiful beaches.  It's got a protected anchorage for sailboats and others traveling the Sea of Cortez.  25 miles off the main road with about 19 being unpaved down a steep hill and rough enough to discourage many travelers.  Fishing is not so great due to over gil netting, but it's a nice place to camp.  I used to be all by myself there but thanks to i overlander, it's full of people now.  Not many services there, but there is a small tienda and a couple of small beach restaurants where the fish tacos are good.  They are more recent additions.  

#13 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

thanks!  sounds perfect!  Any more tips/places for Baja you would be willing to share?

#14 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:55 AM

How come?

What he said.. hard to get to and therefore when we were there only one other truck camper and thats it.. Little beach restaurant is wonderful, decent snorkeling..  Its just quiet and the 25 miles of dirt to get there definitely keep many away, its pretty rough.. 

Vic.. have you been to Baja? So many places to explore.. we prefer to get south ASAP as we are trying to escape winter.. We spent 3 weeks there the last two years, but skipping this year.. missing it big time. 

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#15 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:18 AM

What he said.. hard to get to and therefore when we were there only one other truck camper and thats it.. Little beach restaurant is wonderful, decent snorkeling..  Its just quiet and the 25 miles of dirt to get there definitely keep many away, its pretty rough.. 

Vic.. have you been to Baja? So many places to explore.. we prefer to get south ASAP as we are trying to escape winter.. We spent 3 weeks there the last two years, but skipping this year.. missing it big time. 

Have not been to Baja or much of the deep south west yet.  We love Utah in the fall, and are wondering about deeper south for the winter months once we retire.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users