15 replies to this topic

#11 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

Reminds me of that beginning part of that great old classic "Them (the giant radio active ants)"-ya know where they come upon that wrecked trailer out in the desert and the bent 30-30 rifle with all those tumble weeds blowing around and that weird music.  Hey RONR-better not go to Mexico by way of Death Valley and the California Desert-never know, maybe they didn't kill  all those ants and some are just waiting for someone to park their camper next to one of their giant ant hills :ph34r:!

Smoke

Talk about a good classic, that movie gave me nightmares as a kid. And it is really PG compared to the stuff today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#12 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

Sure was! I still remember that scene where they are looking for their sheriff friend and come across that first  giant ant hill and see this soldier ant come out with  their friends gun belt in its mandibles and drops it on a pile of bones! Black and white-don't make 'em like that anymore! 

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#13 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

I would run over tumbleweeds left and right when I was commuting along HWY 97 between Ellensburg and Yakima. I wouldn't try that with a wall of tumbleweeds.

We saw a minor car fire in Pahrump, when a tumbleweed lodge near hot exhaust.

I am haunted by waters

#14 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:28 PM

Had to pull off I-5 when a very large tumbleweed became plastered to the windshield of my very little car one time.  

And then there is the Outer Limits "Cry of Silence" episode.

#15 clikrf8

clikrf8

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

Were you coming down off the Horse Heaven Hills? You may have passed through Bickleton, the Bluebird capitol of the world -- or so they say.

Yes, we were looking for agates in the Horse Heaven area. Lots of agriculture but no agates near Prosser. We did find a few near Bickleton. Bickleton is a cute little community. We did find a memorial to a couple who brought the bluebirds back. Great places to explore around Bickleton although it is mainly private property. 

2008 Ford F250 diesel 4x4 off road pkg 2013 Hallmark Ute http://www.clikrf8images.com/ http://clikrf8.wordp...com/2010/09/01/

#16 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

But this is Washington where it rains all the time....Oh,, the other side!

I had 4-5 blow across in front of me a couple of years ago, there on the Hanford res. Couldn't stop in time. Was picking the sharp! darn things out of the grille, between cab and bed, between bed and camper, for weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users