Granby Shell to Full Camper Build

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BlueSky

BlueSky

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:32 AM

Hey that's cheating, I did mine with a jig saw.

#22 lmwilco1

lmwilco1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTempe Arizona

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:40 AM

Started the battery build. I used VHB tape between the cells and a couple of tie wraps to keep thinks tight together. I have it all assembled on a table for testing before I install in the camper.  

DSCN1044_Large.JPG

Wiring for the BMS cell monitor, I have a 150A fuse on the positive terminal and there is a temp sensor also attached to the positive terminal.

DSCN1045_Large.JPG

Here you can see the 45A charger with a 50A circuit breaker, 2000W Renogy inverter, the shunt and power monitor. The BMS is on the left side of the battery. It is a 100A BMS from battery hookup, I will replace it with a Chargery when it arrives from China.

DSCN1047_Large.JPG

Battery monitor showing 41.5A charging, sorry for the out of focus picture.

IMG_3353_Large.PNG

Victron BMV-702 app display.

IMG_3352_Large.PNG

Battery Hookup BMS App display.

Once the battery finishes charging I will put a load on the inverter and see what capacity I get out of the pack.

#23 lmwilco1

lmwilco1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTempe Arizona

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:54 AM

The battery test finished and I got 186AH out of the battery. I think if I top balance the pack I should get the full 190AH that the cells were rated for. Next step it to buy/build a battery box to hold them. I am tempted to build one out of ABS to keep the size as small as possible but I have a 6V sized battery box that is not too much bigger than what I can build. I think I will try to use the battery box and only build if I need the absolute minimum space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users