Photo
- - - - -

Mount “ditch spots” on tow hooks? / legality / clamps?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 LosAngeles

LosAngeles

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

You might want to invest in a illuminated switch for a reminder that you have them on .. On all my Aux eq. I have ''dummy'' lights and they have saved the battery more than once. You can even go one step further and wire it so that if the light goes out your switch will not illuminate.

Thanks for the good ideas

my theory in having them be yellow ditch lights is that it should hopefully be obvious that they are on - being yellow. 

we shall see. :-)

#12 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

I don't have time to look into this further right now but thought you might want to read through this thread for some background on California laws regarding off-road and auxiliary lighting.  It's an older thread so I'm wondering if there's other, more recent info out there on it but don't have time to look.

https://www.tacomawo...4/#post-3796986

For me, the point is that current law on the subject would likely contain details on measurements, number of lights, placement of lights, switching requirements,  operation with low or high beam, etc.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#13 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:38 AM

The old wording of the off-road light section allowed for a covered switch in place of a covered off-road light. Lights that I use on pavement are ALWAYS "Auxiliary Passing Lights."

Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users