• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Harryie1

Harryie1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

Hello folks! I am trying to get any information on putting a sun lite camper in a Tacoma. I have 2010 standard 6ft bed tacoma and have seen pictures of sun lite campers in the same sized bed but cannot find any information written up about these campers compatibility with tacos. Anybody know what to look out for or if it is a good/bad idea? Thank you much!

#2 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

Hello folks! I am trying to get any information on putting a sun lite camper in a Tacoma. I have 2010 standard 6ft bed tacoma and have seen pictures of sun lite campers in the same sized bed but cannot find any information written up about these campers compatibility with tacos. Anybody know what to look out for or if it is a good/bad idea? Thank you much!

Try this 1995 Sun-Lite Skyhawk Camper thread for info.  And don't miss the link to a Skyhawk SB (Short Bed) in the last post as there's more info on its dimensions there.

Good luck in your search!

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#3 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:25 AM

I used to have a Sunlite Eagle, and the wheel well clearance was 44" - it was designed to fit 'midsized' trucks.  My only caution would be the weight - the sticker on my said ~1250 dry, and I think that was pretty accurate.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users