#1 RovingFalconer

RovingFalconer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:43 PM

Sadly, my roof was damaged while parking the other day (overhanging branch). The roof and bedframe are dented in pretty good, and now the camper won't open entirely. To have the company repair it costs more than the camper is worth. Anybody know a shop or person in Southern California that can repair these campers? They are constructed differently than a typical RV so I'm hesitant to take it to an RV shop. Any contacts would be much appreciated!IMG_2804.jpg

#2 Bjammin

Bjammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

Wish I had a good answer for you, but I live in the Pacific Northwest.  I am following closely though, because while my roof opens and closes, I've got a couple of bent spots from my own parking challenges, including an overhanging three I must avoid every time I pull into my driveway. I've only hit the tree once, but the results weren't optimal.  Would love to be able to return the roof to something close to factory specs.

#3 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

FWC of Southern California

9008 Hyssop Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Brian@fourwh.com

PLEASE CALL FOR APPOINTMENT BEFORE VISITING

A quick Google search came up with this. As an alternative, the 4WC factory is in Woodland north of Sacto. I’d also seriously consider All Terrain Campers in Sacto. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#4 okiedavid

okiedavid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

All Terrain Campers will work on the Four Wheel Camper models as well as their own ATC models.  I realize you said the "company" was too expensive, I'm assuming you meant FWC, try ATC and compare.

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:20 AM

If you don’t want to take this on yourself, I’m one more voice for ATC.  Good work, reasonable prices, great people.

I am haunted by waters

#6 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:08 PM

Just announced in Truck Camper Magazine. 4 Wheel Campers opening a factory dealer in Rancho Cucamonga with a grand opening the weekend of March 21. It’s said they will offer service and repair at that location. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users