• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geekbstrd

geekbstrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:25 PM

I have just picked up a 1966 NCO 8 ft Alaskan.  It has some water damage on the plywood inside and the outside looks very tired.  Is the aluminum siding available?  How is the seam from the side to the roof done?  Any help is appreciated.

#2 geekbstrd

geekbstrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

I emailed Alaskan, they responded quickly.  They can get them from their supplier in OR but they are in big sheets and expensive to ship.

#3 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:27 AM

Welcome to the board Geek. How bad is your siding? I know some guys here will paint theirs if it isn't in too bad of shape

Edited by JoeKan, 21 February 2020 - 03:27 AM.

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#4 Mheimer

Mheimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:41 AM

I am curious as to the cost of the sheets and the shipping. I live in Idaho and wonder if I could pick it up from the supplier. 

#5 kimosawboy

kimosawboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:41 PM

I was fortunate enough to get an Alaskan that had been fully reskinned in AL... Roof-one full section to the top of windows, front/back full pieces, below windows full pieces.. Pretty straight forward and very bombproof.   .here is a pic of seams

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190926_141304_HDR (2).jpg

#6 Mike S.

Mike S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationHope, B.C.

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:37 AM

I redid my roof section a few years ago.  Not a hard job except for the rot I found, below the windows and on the leading edge on the front of the cab over.  I have a full wood shop that made everything easy.  Our building code here now requires a product called blue skin around all new windows in new house construction, I used it around the windows and all leading edges to give a little more water proofing.  Seems to have worked as no water gets.  I am  6 hours away from the factory so I picked up the material myself, It was a lot cheaper than shipping even considering the high cost of fuel. 

This is one of those project that will always be different from the last one so all I can say is get at it it will be fun and you will have a new understanding of your Alaskan.  I still get complement on how well my 26 year old Alaskan looks.  If I can be of help just let me know.

99 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel, 94 CO Alaskan 10', 10 ply BFGs Air bags,  VE7YHE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users