• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:03 AM

I've been in my camper for over 2 weeks and the coldest it has gotten was -1 wind chill on one night. I don't raise my camper so its less room to heat and it helps with the "gap" issues I have. But my Mr. Buddy heater has done a fantastic job (along with my sleeping bag) in keeping me warm. However, it stopped working on my early this morning (4am) but fortunately, it wasn't too cold. The camper (I call it my "condo") is very well insulated and retains heat very well. I also noticed that it's fairly sound proof. I spend the night at the Walmart parking lot (the Wal-Mart Inn :)) and the traffic in the parking lot and highway doesn't bother me. 

Overall, my camper has been exceptionally well for me and even though I'm away from my family, my stay has been rather enjoyable. 

On another note, I noticed my camper doesn't have any Alaskan emblem on the outside. Does anyone know if the 1964 model came out with one? I have a lot of people asking me what kind of camper it is so I'm surprised it doesn't have any unless the PO had removed them?? 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#2 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

Hi Joe

It can be tough living from camper while on a work assignment.

Post an image of your Alaskan here...there are some very knowledgeable folks here.

David Graves

#3 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:00 AM

Thanks David. I've tried posting pictures but it's not working for me. I think I have to download a flash drive or something but I don't know why it has to be so difficult in posting a picture. I cleaned up my "Condo" today and it still has a beautiful shine to it. What do you all use to clean the interior with? I don't want to use furniture polish because I think it would be a magnet to dust. Would Murphy oil soap be any good? Thanks for the help,

Joe 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#4 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:51 AM

I lived out of my FWC Eagle for a few years. I would wipe it down with Clorox wipes (or some off brand) every night. But I don't know about the wood in Alaskan Campers. I miss how easy it was to clean, maybe 5 minutes to tidy up and wipe everything down. Compare that to my 1000 square foot house...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users