I have a lot of newbie questions:
1. I don't know how fast it will charge from the truck. I don't know the voltage drop is for the isolator diode so can't even estimate. Any experience out there?
[edit: my shell has the Blue Sea Automatic Charging Relay, model 7611 with a 0.05 voltage drop. I still have no experience or way to know how fast it will charge while driving, but one question down!]
2. Which voltage monitor should I get? There are plenty of cheap-o units on Amazon. Is there a reason for a fancy one? Don't I need one? i have no way to know what the battery's status is...what will happen if I run it until dead...am I ruining it?
3. I'm going to mount an on board charger/AC-DC power...but which one. FWC uses the IOTA30-IQ4 ($185 on Amazon...oddly the 45 is cheaper!) If I eventually get another battery this sounds good. My local dealer was going to install an NOCO-Genius 10A one...not so good for an additional battery, or will it just take twice as long to charge?
3b. are batteries mounted in series or parallel
4. Do I need a switch for the charger, or can I leave it connected to the battery when not plugged in
5. If I'm plugged into a camp ground, with 110 AC/15 amp line will this be enough or IOTA? Can I use a two plug adapter or not enough juice?
Thanks for any help or advice! Thanks to all!
Edited by UmkaAndHawk, 23 February 2020 - 04:57 PM.