• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

I have the fiamma F45 (crank out) on our current camper.   I honestly don't use it all that much, but I am rarely around camp during the middle of the day when an awning would be most useful for shade.    That said, I used the F35Pro (manual awning) on my last camper even less to almost not at all as it was generally not worth the effort to deploy/stow it.  I imagine this would be even more true with a bag awning like an ARB.   I would never leave any of these set up either overnight or while away from the camper - a freak gust of wind could do major damage to the awning and camper.   

I guess it really depends on your camp/travel style - if you are at camp in the middle of the day and would have an awning set up for much of the time, a bag awning is probably a decent option.   If you want to have one for occasional use (lunch out of the sun) then a crank out is much more convenient.   If you are only around the camper in the morning and evening then an awning may not be that useful - with the low sun angles the camper provides much more shade than the awning.   

Now if it rains where you are, that is a whole different ball game that I don't know anything about.

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users