• 2016 Power Wagon - King/Thuren/Carli/Air Lift/Daystar suspension
  • 2017 FWC Hawk

#12 brandybrune

brandybrune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:00 PM

Did this ever get resolved?  We are having the same issue.

#13 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:55 AM

BrandyBrune

Have you reached out to our service department?

Or can you email me at ... stan@fourwh.com

Thanks!

Stan

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#14 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

I had the same problem with my NEW Hawk Shell on our first trip. I went through everything. I got to looking at it and noticed the flexible vent went all the way from right to center basically cutting off the airflow. I took the whole vent cover off and it worked. A day or so latter I tried scrunching it all down put the cover back on, no go. Took it off again and it worked. I left it off for the rest of the trip. When I returned I meticulously stuffed all the extra vent tubing back on the furnace tube and left just the couple of inches require to get to the vent. I didn’t want to cut it and risk messing with the “warranty”. It did work after that, but it was not at altitude. 
I diid contact FWC service about my findings and they acknowledged the problem. 
Check your furnace duct to see if it is blocking the exit. 

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#15 astropuppy

astropuppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:55 PM

I had the same problem with my NEW Hawk Shell on our first trip. I went through everything. I got to looking at it and noticed the flexible vent went all the way from right to center basically cutting off the airflow. I took the whole vent cover off and it worked. A day or so latter I tried scrunching it all down put the cover back on, no go. Took it off again and it worked. I left it off for the rest of the trip. When I returned I meticulously stuffed all the extra vent tubing back on the furnace tube and left just the couple of inches require to get to the vent. I didn’t want to cut it and risk messing with the “warranty”. It did work after that, but it was not at altitude. 
I diid contact FWC service about my findings and they acknowledged the problem. 
Check your furnace duct to see if it is blocking the exit. 

After screwing around with resets etc. on our 2020 Hawk Shell.. I removed the (flexible vent) duct completely, works like a champ. Tested to 6k feet.

#16 brandybrune

brandybrune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:33 PM

Stan, yes, we've been in contact with service and I've been communicating directly with Jay.  We were unable to test it last weekend but we are hopeful.  Thank you for reaching out.

#17 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 04:50 PM

After screwing around with resets etc. on our 2020 Hawk Shell.. I removed the (flexible vent) duct completely, works like a champ. Tested to 6k feet.

Thats good news. 

I like it when it's a simple fix. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawk, shell, furnace, wind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users