90 replies to this topic

#71 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,959 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:44 AM

12 days 'til summer. Hard to imagine, isn't it?

what planet are you on?   June 21 is summer up here in Canada...   ;-)

#72 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:53 AM

what planet are you on?   June 21 is summer up here in Canada...   ;-)

I bet Canadian meteorologists disagree:

Meteorological vs Astronomical Seasons

"We" -- those of us who set up these seasonal threads -- switched to meteorological seasons a couple of years ago.  :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#73 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,959 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:54 AM

I bet Canadian meteorologists disagree:

Meteorological vs Astronomical Seasons

"We" -- those of us who set up these seasonal threads -- switched to meteorological seasons a couple of years ago.  :)

OK, point taken.  Still, some of us (aka, me) know that Calgary only has two seasons... winter and road construction.

#74 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

I suspect you don’t want to hear that I’ve been snowed on every month of the year here in Oregon, and September is the only month that I haven’t snow skied in the state.

BTW, what is summer?

As a member of a rather, ahh, interesting group of skiers known as Team Tie Dye I skied at least once a month for four years. One member was forced to abandon his streak just shy of 25 years when he broke both legs. September was usually the most difficult month to find someplace to link a couple of turns.  

I have been snowed on every month of the year at least once. I've lost much of my garden the second week of June here at 5,500 ft. July and August snow is not uncommon when I am camped around 10,000 ft in elevation. It snowed here yesterday.

#75 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Spring heck. Multiple days of 105 temp forecast. I need to see just how much altitude I can get.

leaveitbetter-L.jpg

P.S. Preaching to the choir here

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#76 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,292 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

If you pack it in ,pack it out!!!

That term seems to not need any explanation,

but some people just don't get it.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#77 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,292 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

Just checked the Yellowstone site it's snowing there now.

Strange.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#78 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

As a member of a rather, ahh, interesting group of skiers known as Team Tie Dye I skied at least once a month for four years. One member was forced to abandon his streak just shy of 25 years when he broke both legs. September was usually the most difficult month to find someplace to link a couple of turns.  

I have been snowed on every month of the year at least once. I've lost much of my garden the second week of June here at 5,500 ft. July and August snow is not uncommon when I am camped around 10,000 ft in elevation. It snowed here yesterday.

Team Tie Dye reminded me of our group.  While skiing Shasta near Avalanche Gulch, a group of randonee skiers took exception to where the group was skiing, calling out the dangers as they perceived them.  Our folks replied that we had done an avalanche fracture/stability test, and were confident there was low risk.  The randonee folks had to make one last comment, calling us

F...... Idiot Telemark Skiers

Thus, the FITS group and logo was born.

6C2933BA-2213-4282-BB98-5429981FDF74.jpeg

C8D1EDA7-9B41-4744-A954-23CDDBA148AD.jpeg

I am haunted by waters

#79 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:32 PM

Ran the natural gas furnace at home in Raleigh, NC and the beach house on Chesapeake Bay in Virginia last week, with highs in the high 50s and lows in the 40s, damp, and overcast.  Ran the heat at the beach house on Sat morning and bumped the A/C on for a bit that afternoon once it got to be 82, sunny, and very humid.  Probably done with the furnaces for a while but the A/C is on today in Raleigh to welcome our second tropical depression of the year and its rain, equatorial heat, and humidity. May in central North Carolina brings a taste of everything.

Foy

#80 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

Today is the first time this year that I've closed the windows of my house in the morning instead of opening them.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users