Next I removed sealant that would interfere with paint. Scuffed the bare metal on the body and the roof trim. Then I scuffed the paint on the roof, top of the camper body trim, propane box door and a scrap piece of the roof .
I made a "paint booth" in my garage to keep the over spray contained. I would have rather painted outside but it was too cold and the garage has heat.
The primer and top coat was sprayed on using a paint gun. I used Rust-Oleum metal primer.
Then I ran into a problem when I was about to put the top coat on. The primer was peeling off in a few spots. I think I did not clean the metal good enough and the paint did not stick. THe primer was sanded off and I resprayed the areas that were messed up.
For the topcoat I used Rust-Oleum Gloss White.
Getting the camper into the daylight instead of looking at it in the garage was a good feeling.
To get the camper outside I had to make a dolly. I originally tried to back my truck into the garage then use the camper jacks to lift the camper up but since my truck is lifted the truck could not fit into the garage and the camper was almost touching the ceiling.
I saw this dolly on another thread https://www.wanderth...-build-a-dolly/. The dolly was created by rich.
I modified that design for my camper since it is smaller.
I used 4x4 for the base and 2x4 for everything else. The wheels are 4 inch . It cost around $115 to make.
The dolly is probably over engineered but there is a significant lip that I need to roll over to get the camper out of the garage, also I need to make sure the floor pack is supported for when I start working on the the interior.