39 replies to this topic

#31 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:00 AM

I can only see what is drawn.  If you have a kill switch...great.

"I'm not sure why Patrick wants that wire going from the inverter to the 12v fuse box.  I wouldn't do that."

This is standard for FWC to feed off the Iota to the fuse block and provide camper power.  His drawing does not show how the fuse block is getting power.

Ah.  His drawing has a line that snakes along the bottom and right hand side from the camper battery +ve to the fuse block.

#32 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouth Lake Tahoe,CA

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

That's exactly right Vic. Thanks again. Thank you Patrick.
Rich

#33 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

Hi Guys. My solar system is complete now. I have an ALI Battery monitor. It's kind of basic compared to the Victron unit. I've set perimeters for 220 AH, 100% charge, assuming I have fully charged batteries. How do I actually know if there fully charged? ..... My Victron MPPT Smart controller App under battery setting doesn't have a max. voltage, or min. voltage, deepest discharge , setting. Where can I find it? Is there a relay setting for conversion of 6 volt batteries to 12 volt. Everything seems to be working, just don't want to under or over charge my batteries. Thanks for all the help.
Rich

#34 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

For new question on this Build , go to page 4 ,Thanks

#35 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:42 PM

Best to go online and download or read online the manual for the Victron connect app.  It should answer all your questions

https://www.victrone...onconnect:start

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#36 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

Thanks , I'll check it out.

#37 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Hi Guys. My solar system is complete now. I have an ALI Battery monitor. It's kind of basic compared to the Victron unit. I've set perimeters for 220 AH, 100% charge, assuming I have fully charged batteries. How do I actually know if there fully charged? ..... My Victron MPPT Smart controller App under battery setting doesn't have a max. voltage, or min. voltage, deepest discharge , setting. Where can I find it? Is there a relay setting for conversion of 6 volt batteries to 12 volt. Everything seems to be working, just don't want to under or over charge my batteries. Thanks for all the help.
Rich

220AH of AGM?  Do you have the model number of your battery?  Google that and get the manufacturer's specs on how to charge the battery.  You will want those to setup the charge controller correctly.  

As to your question about how to tell if the battery is at 100%, you could disconnect all loads, and hook up a good AC charger like the NOCO brands, and let it charge for a few days.  Then, before reconnecting a load, use the "Syncronize" option in the BMV... not sure if your ALI monitor has that function?

#38 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

I'll call lifeline on Monday. There website says a 3 STAGE CHARGING is suggested. But my MPPT shows only a aborbtion and float specs. The bulk rate and absorbtion are the same 14.4 volts, maybe that WHY the bulk rate doesn't show on the MPPT.Thanks for the help Vic.
Rich

#39 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 11 May 2020 - 04:18 PM

I have Lifeline 6v batteries, a Victron BlueSolar MPPT Solar controller and a Victron BVM-702 Battery monitor.   The charging is definitely 3 stage.  Bulk, Absorption and Float and the Victron connect App facilitated putting in the specific details for my batteries as found on the manufacturers specification sheet for the batteries.

https://www.victrone...t-solarchargers

Edited by ckent323, 11 May 2020 - 08:34 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#40 RAB

RAB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Ckent for your info. The AGM battery is a three stage charge. After watching a blog, video, I learned that the Victron Smart Controller app, under History shows a Graph with a 3 stage charging profile,indicated by the 3 different color tones on the Graph. I believe the white tone is bulk. The gray is absorbsion, which is always small. The blue is float. So I've got my 3 stage charging, but the Victron app under setting, Battery, only shows a aborbtion voltage and a float voltage. The bulk and absorption voltages are the same as per battery manufacturer. So the MPPT does separate the 3 stages of charge, it just doesn't allow you to change easy.Here is a link from Victron that I tried, but don't understand.The bulk rate is changed in the battery section in settings by changing the "Max Charge Current" setting which is in Amps. The "Offset" or when it goes into bulk charge is changed by turning on expert mode after you select "user defined" for battery preset. This value in Volts determines how far the voltage will drop from the float voltage value starting the bulk charge state. Anyway, I'm happy with the system the way it works now. I hope this helps someone.
Rich

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iota, blue sea, dual battery charging systems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users