DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:26 PM

Finally, time to head home. Pitcher plants on the Smith River:
Posted Image

Again, great to meet everyone, and sincere thanks to John for all the time and effort you put in to this!

Posted Image

#12 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

Oh I almost forgot. So we're all sitting around the fire and these guys are like "we shoud come up with a story that will embarrass DD. Let's say that he threw a burning log on Marcs bare feet. Muahahahahahah!!!". So don't believe these guys when they post this ridiculous story. Act like adults people.

#13 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oh I almost forgot. So we're all sitting around the fire and these guys are like "we shoud come up with a story that will embarrass DD. Let's say that he threw a burning log on Marcs bare feet. Muahahahahahah!!!". So don't believe these guys when they post this ridiculous story. Act like adults people.

Yeah...that's his story...I wasn't going to embarrass DD by ratting him out, BUT, since he brought it up..........:rolleyes:

BTW..great Pictures...:thumb:

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#14 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Great Pix Dawg thanks. What type of camp stove is that? It looks very compact.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#15 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,552 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

My first stop on the way to the coast was the Panther Flat Campground on highway 199 (on the Smith River) in Northern

Hey did you go through cave junction then I assume? Not sure if you already know of this place but did you notice a place on the east side of the road there with a lot of wood carvings and such called "The burl shop" or something like that? If you are ever going by that place and haven't stopped before you should duck in, interesting place with some cool carving work. A bunch of different artists working there, each with their own little nook (some in tree houses). The unique thing I notice was they'd ofter use the natural forms of the wood to make their pieces rather than purely carving what they wanted.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#16 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

Great report DD!! Can't believe the bears at Usal!! wow, we saw no sign..but the elk, aaarrgghh!

Pitcher plant=cobra lillies??

Strange you couldn't find the turnoff for Usal..It's written in the middle of the street in spraypaint..

We missed the kings ridge road...next year!

great shots of the dogs Dog!

TT
Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#17 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

Hey did you go through cave junction then I assume? Not sure if you already know of this place but did you notice a place on the east side of the road there with a lot of wood carvings and such called "The burl shop" or something like that? If you are ever going by that place and haven't stopped before you should duck in, interesting place with some cool carving work. A bunch of different artists working there, each with their own little nook (some in tree houses). The unique thing I notice was they'd ofter use the natural forms of the wood to make their pieces rather than purely carving what they wanted.

There are some incredible works of art in that joint..And the tree house is amazing for the kids..

Also in Cave Jct., the amazing Taylor Sausage for the meat lover.
Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

#18 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

Great Pix Dawg thanks. What type of camp stove is that? It looks very compact.

Coleman - not sure of the model but it's a fail. Two problems: 1. the grill is too high off the flame, making operations like boiling water a near impossibility in the best of conditions, and 2. lack of wind protection, in combination with the too-high grill makes it nearly useless if there is a chill wind.

#19 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

I saw that place - it looks pretty elaborate. I'll have to stop by next time I'm through there.

#20 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:27 AM

Strange you couldn't find the turnoff for Usal..It's written in the middle of the street in spraypaint..

Yeah I'm not sure that's so visible anymore, or I'm just completely blind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users