164 replies to this topic

#61 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

Boy, I'm almost afraid to see what to see all the damage that will be done to our public lands by the time things open up,again!  Just remember what happened during the last shut down a few years ago!  "When the cat goes away the mice do play".

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 03 April 2020 - 06:31 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#62 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

Boy, I'm almost afraid to see what to see all the damage that will be done to our public lands by the time things open up,again!  Just remember what happened during the last shut down a few years ago!  "When the cat goes away the mice do play".

Smoke

Exactly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#63 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:41 PM

Riley is looking forward to meeting Timber. It will be nice to no longer have to say "weekends over, gotta head back". Four more days though. I was kinda of impressed. They didn't ask me to work six days like the rest of the plant. 

My financial planner would be aghast if I had one. I figure the physical and mental part outweighs that. Camping isn't expensive. 

Yeah, I hope the idiots haven't been out doing what idiots do. Crossing my fingers.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#64 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:46 AM

Spent a few days in the back country of Borrego state park guess it will be

the last time for a while as of the 31st of march all roads and trails

are closed hiking and walking for locals only.

Going to explore Bradshaw trail next week ( BLM land) will see how it goes.

Les,lqhikers

#65 Mthomas

Mthomas

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Tahoe

Posted 04 April 2020 - 05:36 AM

Seriously, just stay the f at home. I live in North Tahoe, have watched all the vacation homes slowly fill up over the past couple weeks in my neighborhood. We don’t need it. It puts a strain on all the infrastructure, pharmacies, grocery, etc. The local hospitals in rural areas have minimal capacity as it is. If you get sick, fine, you can drive home. If you infect a few other people because of casual contact, you might end up killing someone who is locked into the area. Be smart right now, stay home. As for living in the BLM, as attractive as it seems, how long can you actually go without water and without  dumping a, literal, ton of **** on the ground. Sorry, feeling kind of tense lately.

2018 Hawk FD 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD

#66 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:44 PM

Seriously, just stay the f at home. I live in North Tahoe, have watched all the vacation homes slowly fill up over the past couple weeks in my neighborhood. We don’t need it. It puts a strain on all the infrastructure, pharmacies, grocery, etc. The local hospitals in rural areas have minimal capacity as it is. If you get sick, fine, you can drive home. If you infect a few other people because of casual contact, you might end up killing someone who is locked into the area. Be smart right now, stay home. As for living in the BLM, as attractive as it seems, how long can you actually go without water and without  dumping a, literal, ton of **** on the ground. Sorry, feeling kind of tense lately.

Yep-stay home! As hard as it is, the fewer people out and about the better off the land and it's resources will be when we get to go back!  It is so easy to think-especially if you live in a place like Susanville-an hour or two (or 10 minutes) an and i can be out in the Sheldon or Hart Mtn and maybe think I can find a place to ride this out-then I think if I'm thinking about this how many others are thinking the same thing and maybe  some of them or me have this thing (and more guns than me)-then what? No need to add to the body count out there  or pollute those few good water resources. So stay home, work on the truck or house , read a book, get to know you dog or family!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#67 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

Finally.................we should expect this everywhere. The message - Stay Home.

Park Status during COVID-19Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and recommendations from state and local public health in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, Death Valley National Park is temporarily closed. The health and safety of our visitors, employees, volunteers, and partners is our number one priority. The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic.

All areas of the park are closed, including: trails, roads, viewpoints, visitor centers, restrooms, and campgrounds.

When the park resumes full operations, updates will be posted on the website and social media channels.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#68 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:37 AM

El Dorado County issues order stopping non essential travel

to South Lake Tahoe -

Health Order

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#69 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:17 AM

On hold.

After seeing the Florida spring breakers leave COVID-19 everywhere (gas stations, fast food joints restaurants, etc) they stopped on the way home to the mid-west and northeast..,just not worth the risk.  We're in our 60's and healthy with no immune issues.  All the same, I'd rather not come see how I tolerate COVID-19.

I watched a video published by Dr. Price of Cornell's NYC hospital, pulmonary unit.  Very empowering video.  He's convince you will not get the disease as long as you do not touch your face, and in particular your mouth, nose and eyes with your hands.  He is of the opinion even if contact with a person with COVID-19, if you do not prolong your exposure (he states prolonged is 30 minutes, for me 1 minute would be prolonged) you will not contract the disease.

He did not recommend non-medical professionals wearing a mask.  But, he did recommend a positive person wearing a mask.  Further, he stated if you are prone to constantly touching your face, wear a mask.

We are constantly washing our hands.  We are wiping our hands with Clorox wipes after visiting any store/gas station and before entering our vehicles.

Times like these I wish we lived in the rural west so we could be camping on dispersed lands with a short drive.  That's not going to happen east of the Mississippi.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#70 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:18 AM

I knew NPs would be closed in short order.  BLM lands should remain open.

South Carolina Low Country.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users