ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:54 PM

That's impressive Bob

Yes it is! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

Work means I won't have time for much other stuff. Certainly plenty of stuff to keep my busy if I did self quarantine. I could always study for my general and get a start on my own shack. I was thinking of seeing a movie but it looks like those are closed also.

Work could get interesting. One customer sent in a team to swab the equipment that their product runs on. Could be coincidental, who knows? Many of the ingredients are sourced globally so its possible that could become an issue. I had today off because of an ingredient shortage but thats more likely to be something like a truck having trouble getting over the passes with the storm. 

I wonder what they'd say if I called in and said "sorry, I'm old and need to self quarantine" :)

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#13 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:07 AM

Geez, Bob.  I dunno.

That shelf over the window has no radios hanging from it. Time for another visit to the candy store, doncha think?  :P

Shouldn't you update that rig on the bottom left behind your mic with the callsign? ;)

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#14 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:31 AM

Just got back from a nice snowshoe hike. They say UV kills viruses. Outside is the place to be!

Ski, how's the snow out there?

Bigfoot Dave

Deep and getting deeper. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#15 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:19 AM

I'll never get rid of the Collins station, although I don't use it very often.  The DX-100 just above the microphone is being replaced by a Collins 32V-3 I'm in process of restoring. All this is what happens when you've been playing with radios for 60 years and never get rid of anything....

Geez, Bob.  I dunno.

That shelf over the window has no radios hanging from it. Time for another visit to the candy store, doncha think?  :P

Shouldn't you update that rig on the bottom left behind your mic with the callsign? ;)

Paul

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#16 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:59 PM

Hey-we are back up and have power again-the local co-gen geothermal plant came on line and wonders never cease   Lost power around 930 or so, when the one PG&E power line that usually supplies most of NE Calif was was cut (part of the wonders of living here) somewhere in the Feather River Canyon.  Last year after 20 or so years of bickering,  the co-gen plant (it supplies power to the Nevada grid-not here), Susanville and PG&E signed an agreement with them that allows the co-gen to automatically take over here when the PG&E line goes out. Still lot's of snow here.

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#17 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 16 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

Heads up

Just heard from my daughter (Canadian citizen) who was trying to cross back into Canada with her boyfriend (US citizen).  They live/travel in a van, and because her boyfriend could not prove "residency" in the USA, they were denied entry.

He does have a valid US driver's licence, but had to be able to show rental statement or some other proof of living in some "place" in the USA.

Makes me think that those folks who travel/RV it full time may have trouble at the border right now.

#18 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:23 AM

I expect Sacramento to jump on the shelter in place bandwagon. Plenty to do around home. If I don't get sick. Idiots at work had a meeting this morning. All of packed like sardines as they read the covid guidelines. They aren't very smart but I guess someone had a light go on as they cancelled the meeting for swing and grave. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#19 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

Crochet. I just finished a blanket to donate to the Hospice auction, working on a project with some new and difficult techniques, yarn for new blanket on the way (anyone else out there want to geek out on crochet talk?)

Starting my veggie garden, trying to solve the wind hazard in the plans for a new greenhouse, cutting and hauling flammable brush out of here.

Walking the dog. Playing the guitar. Painting (I can also geek out on watercolor techniques!) 

I'll backcountry ski when the weather improves and the avalanche danger is diminished, maybe take my paints on a local camping trip.

Retired, natural introvert. Social distancing is my lifestyle. 

edit to add: I suppose I could clean and organize my tool shed. 

Edited by teledork, 18 March 2020 - 06:28 PM.

#20 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:23 PM

Check out the condor cam on the Ventana Big Sur site.The female "Redwood Queen"

has laid an egg on leap day. She also laid one 2 years ago and it was great to watch it

develop.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users