3 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

I saw this kitchen in a Business Insider article.  It shouldn’t be too hard to make, but the article said you could buy one for just $1000.

Attached File  3BED2964-71A6-432F-9D19-2389882316C1.jpeg   129.71K   73 downloads

Nomad Kitchen

I am haunted by waters

#2 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

I will gladly build one for $999. :rolleyes:

Any takers ?

Does not include stove or coffee.

DG

Edited by DavidGraves, 16 March 2020 - 12:43 AM.

#3 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

We have that exact stove -- it is pretty nice. Put it on a REI table (https://www.rei.com/...top-table-large) and hooked it up to the 2nd propane bottle of our four wheel pop-up. Worked great, especially when the winds were calm and we had the awning out.

Ah, life is good with a pop-up!

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#4 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:19 PM

The Overlanding market for products has exploded since Jonathan and Roseanne had their first Overland Expo.  New products appear almost daily in my inbox.  Each new issue of Overland Journal has articles or ads for products that are completely new to me;  and I've been subscribing for years.

All this is good IMO.  But, it begs the question, is the market getting over-saturated with overlanding product duplication?  How many ways can you reinvent the wheel?

I learned in the Marine Corps that the way you pack your gear (or truck/camper) will be totally contrary to my preferred method.  I'm LH so I may want things oriented totally opposite to a RH person.

So I tend to resist jumping on rigid/fixed products like the above drawer system unless I get to demo it for at least several days.  

We have purchased gear that allows us to live and cook outside of our FWC Hawk.  Unless the weather is miserable, the camper is first and foremost our bedroom.  I can probably count on 2 hands meals I have cooked inside during the past 5 years of ownership.  But, I will put the Moka pot or tea kettle on the inside burner first thing in the morning if the weather is cold and/or miserable.

South Carolina Low Country.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users