2 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Rino

Green_Rino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:21 PM

Hi, my 95’ Cabover has hasp latches installed (one on each side) for the top travel lock. I have seen a few posts on the travel lock topic however no one posts pictures of what they have done and most of the descriptions (other than throw a strap over the top) are very challenging to decipher. I don’t like the hasp locks on mine and am going to remove them and do something else. I would appreciate some pictures of what others have done for their travel lock. Even what pictures of what the factory does now would be helpful. Attached is a picture of one of the hasp locks on mine.

Thanks!
71A1A901-02CC-4E3C-90FE-FBE297E5A90E.jpeg

Edited by Green_Rino, 17 March 2020 - 10:28 PM.

#2 SER

SER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFlagstaff Arizona

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:01 PM

For our 2016 AK camper (7' long x 7' wide flat bed with a cab over) the travel lock was installed at the factory.  It is a 3/8" bolt about 4 inches long, going through the cab over and the base.  I installed a keeper pin for the nut vibrated off couple times on some long dirt roads and I lost the bolt. Now it stays put all the time. It is located on the drivers side.  We have been on a few 60 mph crosswind travels across the Mojave going 75 mph.  This travel lock had done the job.  Because of the size limits, I hope you can get and idea with these photos.

IMG_0580 (1).jpg IMG_0578 (1).jpg IMG_0576 (1).jpg IMG_0574 (1).jpg IMG_0573.jpg

#3 Green_Rino

Green_Rino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:01 AM

Thanks Ser! That helps a ton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users