34 replies to this topic

#21 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,336 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

Long walk this morning in the rain. No one else out but the two of us. It has since turned to snow. I expect a tractor ride tomorrow clearing snow.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#22 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:02 PM

Getting ready to walk the dog in the snow-only a heavy dusting here last night but still some  scattered snow showers going on. My road is slippery and the main problem is making sure to hug the sides of the road  to be able to dodge those few vehicles out and about but going to fast down my hill!  Am still amazed how few people here are out and about other than the usual crowd; guess I should br happy about that!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#23 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:21 PM

Good to see people are staying in/social distancing.

IMO it seems to work.

We at least can get out.

My daughter lives in Barcelona .They can only leave their home for food/medicine/essential work.

It seems to be working as the cases have slowed down.

I don't understand why more Americans don't get that concept.

Oh well I can only take care of my family and see to their safety.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#24 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:11 PM

I don't understand why more Americans don't get that concept.

Just a little while ago the local con man knocked on my door and would not leave until I came into the mud room with my phone in hand and told him to get off my &^%&*(() property. I think I have finally stopped shaking. 

#25 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:54 PM

Just a little while ago the local con man knocked on my door and would not leave until I came into the mud room with my phone in hand and told him to get off my &^%&*(() property. I think I have finally stopped shaking. 

What did he want?

I know there is a con going around about the census.

These people show up with very official ID but it's all fake.

You just have to protect yourself.

There's a lot of con jobs going.

Stay safe.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#26 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,336 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:12 PM

Glad you got him to leave. Scary stuff. Stay safe.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#27 Batman

Batman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWestern Slope CO

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:05 PM

No actual Census folks will be coming to your house if you've already responded online or by mail. Yet another reason to respond right now if you haven't already.

Edited by Batman, 09 April 2020 - 04:06 PM.

2013 Tacoma AC, 2017 FWC Fleet

#28 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:43 PM

What did he want?

I know there is a con going around about the census.

These people show up with very official ID but it's all fake.

You just have to protect yourself.

There's a lot of con jobs going.

Stay safe.

Frank

I think I dealt with one of the census cons several months ago. I think this guy was trying to drum up some work. Going door to door. During a pandemic. In a community that is full of older, retired people. I don't know if I was shaking due to fear or fury. Maybe both.  

#29 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

I think I dealt with one of the census cons several months ago. I think this guy was trying to drum up some work. Going door to door. During a pandemic. In a community that is full of older, retired people. I don't know if I was shaking due to fear or fury. Maybe both.  

This reminds me of a little episode that happened to me about 10 years ago.

I was building a spec home here on Smith Mt. Lake and my realtor called me and said she had someone who was interested in the house could she bring them by and could I meet them there.

I said sure. They were nice people from New Jersey and as we were walking out the front door the lady noticed a little nook by the front door and asked what that was for...My realtor who was a born and bread red neck in the nicest possible way said “Oh honey, that’s where you keep the shotgun....

We never saw them again! The joys of living in the South.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#30 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

My realtor who was a born and bread red neck in the nicest possible way said “Oh honey, that’s where you keep the shotgun....

We never saw them again! The joys of living in the South.

People wonder why I have a sword in the corner of the mudroom. My late husband was a competitive sword fighter and I have used it to fend off the next door psycho's dog. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users