32 replies to this topic

#31 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:17 AM

On the topic of bread, many decades ago I baked a lot of bread, using flour we ground ourselves from organic hard red Peace River wheat.  My bible then was the Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book.  I see the original version of that book is mow $851 USD on Amazon.  Luckily, the updated version is a lot less.  Highly recommended for beginners and pro's alike

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,209&sr=8-1

#32 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Blueberry pecan cake

cooking spray

2 tsp. flour

5 tbsp. butter

3/4 cup sugar

2 large eggs

2/3 cups buttermilk

2 tsp. grated orange rind

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/3 tsp. almond extract

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 cups flour

2 cups fresh blueberries

1/3 cups finely chopped pecans

2 tbsp. sifted powdered sugar

coat 9 in. round spring form pan with cooking spray.  Dust pan with 2 tsp. flour.

Place butter in glass cup and microwave on high1 min. Add sugar and wisk.  Add eggs and stir well.  Stir in buttermilk and next 6 ingredients.  Lightly spoon l 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups.  Add flour just until blended.  Stir in blueberries and pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. or until lightly browned and wooden pick comes out clean, Sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Done

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#33 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:47 PM

You guys are far to talented In the culinary arts! Couple of hundred years ago maybe I could have been a chuck wagon cook.  :D Here it goes “Wayne’s throw anything you have bean and drumstick soup”. 

1/4 cup of five different dried beans soaked overnight  

1/2 cup chopped carrots   

1/2 cup chopped yellow onion

1/2 cup chopped celery   

1-14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes   

6- chicken bullion cubes (stock would be better refer to the recipe title)

Garlic granules (your discretion)

8-10 cups of water enough to cover the beans by 2-3”

Start by boiling the beans only and reduce to a simmer for 60 minutes uncovered. Add all other ingredients (chuck wagon). Simmer for another hour uncovered. 30 minutes before serving start the chicken legs. 

Chicken legs

Olive oil 

Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning 

Medium heat with a lid cracked brown and cook through turning several times to obtain a nice golden color. Serve legs on the side or in the bowl with soup! Easy meal with easy re-heating leftovers. I like a little Louisiana hot sauce in my bowl to give it a little kick. 

5373-B898-E06-B-4-BC3-BDD2-ADE24147532-A

9-D9-D4-C0-E-E129-475-C-AE8-A-C16-EB662-

Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users