Ultimate Puncture Repair Kit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

anyone carry this for your repairs or to help another in need!! opinions please????? thanks

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:40 PM

I carry a kit, perhaps not the kit you refer to, but have not had to use it, so can’t give an opinion on how effective it is.  

I am haunted by waters

#3 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

Yes, I carry a tire repair kit. I’ve yet to have to use it but if I had to, I’d mount the spare and repair the flat when I get to camp, off the trail and when it’s cooler/shade. Others will have different routines. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#4 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:11 PM

I also carry a tire repair kit -- which is not the one dennis referred to, but I have put together pretty much all the same pieces. Never had to use it, but it is a comfort knowing it is in the truck, along with a good air compressor, if needed.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#5 moveinon

moveinon

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie Oregon

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

I use the Ultimate Puncture Repair Kit from Extreme Outback, which includes not only plugs but an exhaustive assortment of patches, spare valve cores, valve stems, a valve core tool.  Tools are all metal.  And if you have plugged in an E rated tire you know how hard you may need to push so metal can be important.  I have not used it a lot, but is a really good kit.  Have only needed to use it once, but important to have where I sometimes go.

#6 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

thanks

#7 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

We carry the kit from ARB and have used it successfully. It’s best to consider it a temporary repair and latter plug from the inside. That said, we did drive cross country on a repair last fall. A kit is well worth having in my opinion.

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#8 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

I carry a kit, never used it yet on the truck/camper but I have repaired many a bicycle flat and a few flats on other vehicles at home with it. Find a good high volume compressor to go with it.

#9 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:30 AM

Jonathan Hanson offered this very good writeup/review on his web site.

I ordered some slims.

South Carolina Low Country.  

#10 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

I have a kit from Safety Seal. I highly recommend a little practice. I had a nail puncture in my truck at home. I was going go over to the tire store and have them do it for free but I decided I may as well practice with my kit. Glad I did as it was not as easy as I expected. You can really feel the steel belts as the tool goes in. It worked well and I consider the repair permanent but I ruined two plugs before I figured out how to do it. Glad I didn't have the learning curve in the middle of nowhere.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users