ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

I've posted many links here on Wander the West to our Travel blog -

Explorations with the Ski3pins

These blog posts have always been personal stories and photographs, not a hold your hand and show readers how to find places.

I have added a new page to the blog -

Geographic Locations

Here you can find links to our stories based on location. 

We hope you find this helpful. :)

Edited by ski3pin, 21 April 2020 - 02:19 AM.
updated

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

Wow Ski that is some big project you started.

I guess it will give you something to do as we stay in place.

Thanks.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:39 PM

That is great, I really like your stories...

Thanks!

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:11 PM

Wow Ski that is some big project you started.

I guess it will give you something to do as we stay in place.

Thanks.

Frank

That is great, I really like your stories...

Thanks!

A big thank you to you both, we appreciate it. I've completed another year! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:33 PM

I've posted many links here on Wander the West to our Travel blog -

Explorations with the Ski3pins

These blog posts have always been personal stories and photographs, not a hold your hand and show readers how to find places.

I have added a new page to the blog -

Geographic Locations

Here you can find links to our stories based on location. It is a work in progress. It currently includes our travels through 2015. I have 4.5 years of travel to still add. I'll keep you posted.

Also, please excuse the formatting. It changes every time I do an update. Maybe someday I'll figure it out, but I would much rather spend time out on an adventure. :)

Oh, and I thought your were posting GPS co-ords... both thrilled and terrified at the thought!   I love this listing... great for doing research on a given area!

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:26 PM

Oh, and I thought your were posting GPS co-ords... both thrilled and terrified at the thought!   I love this listing... great for doing research on a given area!

Thanks Vic!  :)

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

That does sound like a lot of work. I'm assuming there will be certain spots that remain anonymous for good reasons. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:50 AM

That's really cool you are doing that! I think I've read all your trip reports and found quite a few of your unspecified locations on GE using your photos and info and Google. Hopefully you will keep some special spots secret!

I had just found your favorite Granite Mountains (Mono County) campsite, and planned to camp there, just before I read about it on your blog. It was obvious after seeing your photos.

I have a lot of fun researching and finding stuff like that, but maybe now I can learn some new spots that I never figured out!

Thanks for all the effort through so many years!

Steve

2012 Eagle Shell on 2006 Dodge Quadcab CTD 4wd 6-speed

#9 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:50 PM

Yep-they are great planning documents too!  Thanks!  I wonder how much money I've spent over the years at PublicLands.Org and the USFS map  store.Gov. buying maps to trace your TR's?----keep it up!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:34 PM

That does sound like a lot of work. I'm assuming there will be certain spots that remain anonymous for good reasons. 

That's really cool you are doing that! I think I've read all your trip reports and found quite a few of your unspecified locations on GE using your photos and info and Google. Hopefully you will keep some special spots secret!

I had just found your favorite Granite Mountains (Mono County) campsite, and planned to camp there, just before I read about it on your blog. It was obvious after seeing your photos.

I have a lot of fun researching and finding stuff like that, but maybe now I can learn some new spots that I never figured out!

Thanks for all the effort through so many years!

Steve

So so many. Locations posted in stories where they really don't belong. Photos that never include back ground sky lines. :)

And the locations that are never written about.................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users