14 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:34 AM

This started with the thought of visiting Jarbridge NV. Then I thought, well why not keep going. Then I read a story about a Berkeley professor who visited the Columbia River back in the horse and buggy days. And, now that I'm retired I can finally take a trip and not worry about how long it is. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#12 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:46 AM

Retired???!!! Congratulations. About to be there myself. I actually posted here about receiving my thank you for your service and now hit the road papers. Circumstances delayed their filing. The project that facilitated my prolonged servitude is wrapping up so it won’t be long now.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#13 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

Here is a thought Craig, since you are bouncing around that wide area, do something I have started and never finished -follow the Lewis and Clarke Trail-lot's of local, county, state and fed cg's ,things to do and things to see. There are lot's of books out there that describe the  trip and would   give it a loose framework with plenty of opportunity to go explore.  Jarbidge-now there is some wild country,  you may not want to come back , until winter hits, that is-bring lots of gas. Ain't retirement grand!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#14 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:30 PM

Interesting idea Smoke. I went ahead and ordered a guide.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#15 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:12 PM

Do try and keep an eye on fire season...we were once returning down from Lolo pass and got held up while they refilled choppers from the river along side the highway...over our heads...very smokey and a bit frightening....as in should we really be here ???

David Graves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users