4 replies to this topic

#1 camsf

camsf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:00 PM

Planning a fridge swap in my Eagle combined with solar installation.  There's a Dometic 3 way in there now and I'm considering either swapping to a Dometic CRX 65 front loading unit which will pop in to the same spot with minimal mods, or going with a Dometic or ARB top loading unit (which means significant mods to the cabinet). 

Has anyone done a similar swap with a Dometic CRX 65 or similar? I'm going to run 200 watts of solar with 200AH of battery power which I'm hoping will suffice.  Thanks.

#2 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:07 PM

Okay cams, don't know how much this will help, but several years ago my issue 3-way ftig went completely out in my Granby while Wandering Sagebrush and me were up on the Sheldon NWR in Nevada.. I rushed back to Susanville and with the help of my local RV shop  used that unplanned opportunity to go solar and installed a Domestic Cool matic CR 110 front loader frig/freezer. . It was a tight fit but it worked. I now have 2 100 wt renology , solar panels,2 blue top house batteries  and a new 30 amp comptroller. There are several good guides/books out there that will guide you through the solar change process and make sure you use this site. Lots of good info here and some of these folks really know what they are doing so ask. good luck!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#3 DarylT

DarylT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 05:31 PM

Hi Cam

Following your post as my dometic fridge runs poorly on every mode. Posting for help on cleaning the propane jet now..

Daryl

#4 camsf

camsf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:21 AM

Hey Smoke...question. Do you think the 2nd battery is necessary?  I don't boondock so maybe a couple of days max at one location.  I bought a Renogy L ION battery last year and if I can get away with just one I'd love to.  

#5 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:33 AM

Planning a fridge swap in my Eagle combined with solar installation.  There's a Dometic 3 way in there now and I'm considering either swapping to a Dometic CRX 65 front loading unit which will pop in to the same spot with minimal mods, or going with a Dometic or ARB top loading unit (which means significant mods to the cabinet). 

Has anyone done a similar swap with a Dometic CRX 65 or similar? I'm going to run 200 watts of solar with 200AH of battery power which I'm hoping will suffice.  Thanks.

I have a 130L Truckfridge.  Similar in technology, just bigger.  It draws about 3A when running, so even if it ran continuously all day, that would still only be 75AH or so.  I've never seen it run that long/hard.  20AH a day is more typical.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dometic, solar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users