• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:36 AM

My passion before camping is motorcycle riding. But I am staying at home. I sent the comments below on riding to may friends:

This is the time for Americans to step up and realize that their personal freedom does not mean that we should be allowed to do as we wish with the freedoms granted in the USA. It is time to look at the bigger picture for the good of all Americans and the world. Please take a moment to review how you enjoy the motorcycle life while we try to defeat this virus. 

As the weather gets warmer I as much as anyone would like to take a ride.  I have too many friends older than me and I am getting old, I do not want to take a chance and expose them to this virus. I know several friends who have crashed, including myself. Now is not the time to stress our EMS system. 

Stay Home and Stay Safe. 

#22 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

I have an essential job and I go to work every day. No biggie, just work in an electronics shop so not like a 1st line responder. What is a biggie is my camper has been ready for well over a week and I am not picking it up because of the stay at home orders. I bitch at those who ignore them because I believe it is best for all. My camper will be there a month from now and I will get it when it is right and safe to do so....

We are all in this together and I will not be the one who kills somebody because I was a selfish idiot....

Stay well my friends :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#23 BlueSky

BlueSky

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

It's weird.  The hiking trails around here (Boulder county) are busy, maybe half the people are wearing masks, dogs running everywhere.  The stores that are open (Home Depot, etc.) are pretty busy.  Traffic is definitely picking up.  Runners,walkers, cyclists, motorcyclists, sports car enthusiasts, are out there in big numbers. As truck campers, we have that ability to boondock and generally stay far away from each other.  Many state campgrounds are open.

#24 ardvark

ardvark

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

Our state is opening as are adjoining states here in the South and we are camping starting May 1st, but will not head West until about two weeks after that. Our logic is thus. We are good at isolating, wearing masks, and have loads of hand sanitizer. We believe we can keep our distance as well camping as we can at home. Our greatest concern are the, in my opinion, idiots who take no precautions, but again we should be able to avoid them except in cases of a sever accident or similar. 

Having a healthcare background, I put very little stock in current data as so much of it was likely generated by questionable test kits and not enough of them to get a large enough sample size, not to mention the inability to count asymptomatic cases, folks who unfortunately died at home, etc. Plus states are not even using the same method  of calculating infection rates. 

What I end up with is anticipating reopening will likely do nothing to reduce risk until we have either a medicine that works or a vaccine. Vaccines take years, not months to develop so I see that as unlikely. That means it is up to all of us. Infection rates are flattening because of what people are doing. the virus has not gone anywhere. If we keep doing the things that work, no matter where we are, we all might be able to keep the rate down. :)

Ardvark

#25 BlueSky

BlueSky

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

The state of CO has changed from "Stay At Home" to "Safer At Home" so fewer restrictions, but each county has their own rules.  If you live on the west slope, you are in heaven, but then you were before the pandemic:)

#26 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

I'm just wondering if the hostility will subside once the restrictions are lifted. Not every community can be bypassed. I'm thinking a multi state trip will probably have to wait until next year. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#27 klahanie

klahanie

• Validating
  • 932 posts
  • LocationSW BC

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:10 PM

I imagine a lot of places have a love hate relationship with visitors at the best of times. I don't be surprised if there is elevated agro and bad behaviour after release. Some folks like to go out to party !!, maybe more so if they consider themselves having been "quarantined" or "locked down".

Agree, with a rv/camper one should be able to travel and recreate in near isolation (isn't that the whole idea after all, lol). But extra patience and understanding may be required, one reason I'll prob sit out the first period :mellow: 

#28 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:09 PM

We are all in this together and I will not be the one who kills somebody because I was a selfish idiot....

Stay well my friends :)

Very well said.I would rather be part of the solution then part of the problem.

Stay safe

Hope you get your camper soon.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#29 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:10 PM

My passion before camping is motorcycle riding. But I am staying at home. I sent the comments below on riding to may friends:

This is the time for Americans to step up and realize that their personal freedom does not mean that we should be allowed to do as we wish with the freedoms granted in the USA. It is time to look at the bigger picture for the good of all Americans and the world. Please take a moment to review how you enjoy the motorcycle life while we try to defeat this virus. 

As the weather gets warmer I as much as anyone would like to take a ride.  I have too many friends older than me and I am getting old, I do not want to take a chance and expose them to this virus. I know several friends who have crashed, including myself. Now is not the time to stress our EMS system. 

Stay Home and Stay Safe. 

Thanks Bill for those comments.Agree.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#30 crumbs

crumbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:48 PM

My passions were the same, but too many other people behind the wheels of their automobiles back east ruined the experience for me.

Always stay safe, avoid humans.

Stay Home and Stay Safe. 

2wd  Looking for a New Puma Shell 78" wide with a 60" interior closed height.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users