• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kzlucas

kzlucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 12:22 AM

Anyone on here have a bike mount directly attached to the back of their Hallmark camper? Hallmark will do this in the factory with a Rocky fork mount. I’m preparing to install 2 on my Guanella and it would be helpful to have some photos or measurements.

How do you like the bike mount? Is it difficult to hold the bike up and secure the bike?

Edited by kzlucas, 02 May 2020 - 04:17 AM.

#2 DoGMAtix

DoGMAtix

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:41 AM

Hey Kzlucas, did you figure it out? I'd like to do the same on our Guanella, we actually have to work out a system to carry 2 adult and 2 kids' mountain bikes on back. Had been using a swing-away hitch rack mounted to the rear platform steel 4x4 and it worked great until the jack mounts started buckling under the torque caused by driving rough 4x4 roads.

Please send photos of your completed project.

Thanks!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L CTD short bed quad cab, 2008 Hallmark Guanella

#3 sam14au

sam14au

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 04:34 PM

Hey DoGMAtix, I'm interested in your experience with the Guanella and bike rack and it causing issues with buckling. We are considering a Guanella and had planned to do something like a 1up rack with 2 MTB on a swing away arm and we'd definitely be doing some light to medium off roading. So your comment about a similar setup (if I'm understanding your description correctly) is concerning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users