Photo
- - - - -

When the Coronavirus Crisis Ends, What Do You Want to Do?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

We have reservations June 1-2 at a local park in the Rockies.  Going to check out the new camper build and hopefully get some hiking in.  Lots of snow higher up, so it will be a flatter hike.  Still, getting out there will be awesome. 

Caveat, this isn't happening when the virus ends, it is happening during the slow re-opening tests our local leadership is trying to see how we can open up services and still have our medical system cope with the results as the pandemic carries on.

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,252 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Not a bad trip .Gas mileage was terrific.And no road fatigue.

Frank

.............and incorporate the benefits of a virtual trip - great mileage and no road fatigue :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:08 PM

Vic sounds like your leadership is doing a good job.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#14 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

Cross the boarder for my bucket list trip to the St. Lawrence River. So I can continue my goal of wearing out the hull on my Ranger. Then take Carol out west to visit the wonderful places you guys post. Lastly wear out the camper and Ford before we go in the dirt. :)

Edited by WjColdWater, 19 May 2020 - 11:52 PM.

#15 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:04 AM

Memorial Day weekend Burgess Mine, Salt Tram and Cerro Gordo.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#16 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:39 AM

Having had to cancel our trip to Asia in April, the good ole camper will come to the rescue with a long, drawn out, northerly loop this summer. 

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#17 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:56 AM

I can't think that far ahead but as we gradually reopen I'll be taking off somewhere. I'll be heading up to Antelope Lake in late June so maybe a little NV exploration is in order.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#18 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

Frankly, I’m looking forward to seeing and recreating with my adult children again. I had a couple raft trips with one planned in Montana and another was going to meet me for a few days of camping and fishing in BC. Those trips are both canceled. If the US/Canada border opens I may get there yet, but I doubt my Son can join me. We’ll pick it up again, whenever that is with whatever is available.

I still have the rest of spring and all summer in front of me, so some things outdoors are going to responsibly happen. Fortunately my part of the world is about 50% Public Domain with IMO some cool stuff, so I’m not getting shut out even if I’m still town bound. Believe it or not, the trick will be escaping others. The low woods and desert around here out of the snow have been LOADED with campers/mtn bikers/vanlifers/snowshoers/hikers/fishermen and women; and who knows what else since the lockdown began.

Edited by LuckyDan, 21 May 2020 - 08:00 AM.

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,252 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

.............to be clear, this is an idea for a dream trip for when it is wise to be out and about again as the topic states. :)

So, thus far I'm planning to fly fish the Owyhee, hitting a hot spring or two while out there, all after getting a great breakfast at the Firesign in Tahoe City on our way out of town. I'll take the camera along.

I'm feeling so much better!

Keep 'em coming. :)

.............and incorporate the benefits of a virtual trip - great mileage and no road fatigue :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#20 Sledawg

Sledawg

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

Planning a “3 bagger” for these old bones before I can’t. Arc Dome, Mt Jefferson and Wheeler Peak in Nevada.

Attached Thumbnails

• E4E88694-A228-4D77-91D6-50A20C3173AE.jpeg

2021 Off Road TACOMA 2013 FWC Fleet
Going Insane Diego!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users