Photo
- - - - -

Which way to orient camper?

camperfour wheel camper 3-way fridge solar heating Four Wheel Campers desert camping summer camping

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Zoomad

Zoomad

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:42 AM

In the type of travel myself and my buddies do, we tend to move daily to explore so on a week long trip we are setting up camp daily.  Level is the first priority in my case.  Everything else is optional.  I'm using a ARB compressor fridge that is not set against any wall and has the insulating cover, so as long as I don't park it in such a way the sun is beaming in through a window or door, it's good. 

#12 firemen7

firemen7

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:02 AM

Level with the front right corner into the wind (water heater and/or heater exhaust vents leeward) if possible. Awning gets staked.

2009 Single cab Silverado Z71 & 2005 Hawk
2018 Crew cab Silverado 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

2020 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

#13 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:50 AM

Nose slightly high and facing out of the camp site incase we need to leave quickly. If I have an option in the heat I will try to have the breeze come from the side or rear for airflow in the camper. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#14 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

We like a slightly nose up attitude as well (my wife sleeps better like that). 
Secondly, would be afternoon shade on the passenger side as that is the cooking and relaxation area.

In addition to our fixed solar panels we have an Overland Solar  foldable panel that we can move around as needed so that’s not as big of a concern for us.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camperfour wheel camper, 3-way fridge, solar heating, Four Wheel Campers, desert camping, summer camping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users