#11 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:06 AM

More pics next week.

Lots to get ready/figure out before I leave town tomorrow.

Oil change, new battery and a few odds and ends today.

Some tweaks and adds tomorrow morning. Then head South.

WooHooHoo

S

#12 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

Ok.

Sorry for the delay.

Here are some from the Swell.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4382.jpg
  • IMG_4227.jpg
  • IMG_4246_3.jpg

#13 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

Delivery.

I watched as Marty drilled "The part where we suggest most owners don't look".

Cabelas also makes the guys happy. Might make delivery go more smoothly.

I'm just sayin'.

And some interior shots.

S

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4092.jpg
  • IMG_4098.jpg
  • IMG_4101.jpg
  • IMG_4448.jpg
  • IMG_4470.jpg

#14 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

School crates are the way to go. One fits perfectly under the sink.

The other white trays I found at Target. I think my lower cabinet is unique. If the floor pack for the 1st gen tundras wasn't so shallow, there'd be HUGE storage in there. Still, I got three 13x13" and two 13x6" in there.

A Bonus with the larger refer is you can get into it without having to climb into the camper. Very cool.

S

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4482.jpg
  • IMG_4483.jpg
  • IMG_4452.jpg
  • IMG_4453.jpg
  • IMG_4401.jpg

#15 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

I had fabbed up some brackets to attach a net to the ceiling of the camper shell. So I got to thinking of how to keep things from rolling around in the Ocelot. Got the parts from Lowes. Don't ask how many places I had to go to to find what I needed. Tabbed d-rings and thin aluminum t nuts (no spikes/teeth) for the couch and the same tabbed d-rings with included screws for behind the couch.

The net is a Yakima basketcase cargo net. Its the smallest one they make. I'm probably going to rotate the orientation so the long side goes up and over the couch rather than accross it ass I have it now. This way I can add another one so each will cover one half of the couch and together will hold more gear.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4455.jpg
  • IMG_4456.jpg
  • IMG_4457.jpg
  • IMG_4458.jpg
  • IMG_4460.jpg

#16 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Got the awning.

Make us real popular last weekend when it was 90 drgrees after our ride.

We have a alumimnum table and bench set. Collapses to the size of a violin case. Small, but fit the four of us with room to space under the awning.

The awning is similar to eezi-awn as it has a retraction spring. So it rolls and retracts like a window shade. Really slick and Union Made(!).

Wonder whay they use Black as a color.

It's about 8' long and extends @ 6.5'.

Well worth the cost.

S

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4461.jpg
  • IMG_4174.jpg
  • IMG_4466.jpg

Edited by Outerspace, 14 May 2009 - 03:48 PM.
spelling

#17 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Here are a few details of the d-rings under the couch.

And some more interior shots.

S

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4473.jpg
  • IMG_4474.jpg
  • IMG_4477.jpg
  • IMG_4478.jpg

#18 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

We are totaly thrilled with the camper. Going narrow was a great decision for us. I hardly see it in the side mirrors. Air bags are essential. I think shocks are next as there is still some rock and roll in the ride.

I can't say enough good things about Marty and the Guys. They were easy to work with and very accomadating. Some ideas he rejected and with good reason. Much easier to see now that its built. So if they advise againt a change or mod, I'd listen to the reasons why. They've seen what fails and why.

Another surprise was how cool the camper was during the day. we had high 80's one day and 90 the next. Kept the 4 windows in the bellows open and the 2 roof vents. Had to be 20+ degrees cooler inside. And the cab is cooler as well cause most of it is in the shade.

And the bed is Huge! Marty said it is the largest bed (Bobcat) of the line. Sleeping nose to tail is also nice when someone has a late nite nature call.

Side to side, as in the panther/hawk, could get old for the person on the edge getting climbed over.

Glad we kept the smaller couch. The extra storage was tempting, the floorspace wins in our case. An extra in in height would be really helpful for a few things we can't fit under there.

Gernerally, we like the old school, less moving parts design of the all terrain camper. Our Ocelot has a more rustic feel than the fourwheel's we were in at the sportsman's expo. This may not be for everyone. We like to go places people aren't so its going to get used and get dirty. Things like the couch/bed are more labor intensive. I have confidence that it will look/function the same today as it will in ten years.

We're heading to the Escalante next weekend.

See you all on the road.:thumb:

S

#19 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Where do you opt to store your extra bed cushions with the top down? I made mine long rather than squarish and tuck them behind the couch.

Posted Image
2003 Dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4 5.7L Hemi auto w/ ride rite air springs and 1999(2000?) Hawk

2007 Dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 5.7L Hemi auto and slowly progressing build.

FYI: I've got a bunch of extra 14ga wire in red and black. Its a thick jacket 41strand wire (likely MTW wire) verse typical 19strand automotive wire. It has good flexibility but factor in the thick jacket. I'll ship out 100' coils for $18 (I can go 50' of ea for that too) if anyone is in need of wire.

#20 Outerspace

Outerspace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Same place you have yours.

I nixed the cabinet over the window as the couch back in the Ocelot is 5"+ closer to the window. Didn't want any headaches.

The stock cushions fit perfectly. The fire extinguisher probably shoud get moved. The clamp that holds it to the wall bracket pokes the pad as you put it in or take it out.

S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users